D.C. Area Babies
Options

random ? - what does your LO wear to daycare?

I think I remember a post about this a while ago but I can't remember the consensus. DS is in a center, and there are five other babies in the room (all girls). We used to send him in those little sleep-and-play outfits, but now that it's summer I'm still not sure what he should be wearing. Sometimes we send him in rompers, other times onesies. When we try to add baby legs, he comes home without them (um, the leggings, not his actual limbs).When we put him in socks, those are gone by the end of the day too.

Is just a onesie OK? Should he be wearing shoes at this point? Sometimes it seems like he's underdressed, but we're trying to make it easier  on his DCPs to change him. The other babies generally wear dresses or skirts (easier access). We generally don't put him in actual shirt/short outfits unless it's for an outing or event, because we are lazy. He has plenty of clothes, but it's like we're saving them for something special . . . I don't know.

What do you do? Are our standards just too low?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: random ? - what does your LO wear to daycare?

• Options
    LOL. We send him in a onesie and shorts. Half the time he comes back with the shorts in his diaper bag, not on his person. And we send him barefoot! (It's an in-home).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

If it makes you feel better, dresses and skirts aren't a whole lot easier for access for little girls - they either have underwearish diaper covers separate (for dresses) or built in (for skirts) :)  I always felt like a slacker sending DD to daycare in sleep & plays because she's with older kids that all wear toddler clothes, so she's been in dresses or onesies with pants/shorts or rompers from the beginning.

I just recently stopped putting socks on DD for daycare.  It's too hot for that.  Luckily I'm pretty sure our in-home provider takes the kids' shoes off (she's a germophobe and asks parents to take their shoes off before walking in where the kids run around) - otherwise I'd feel like a bad parent for not having shoes for the kid!

I also try my hardest not to save outfits for a special occasion because I my mom always did that kind of thing and the special-enough occasion never happened.  It drove me nuts in elementary school to have stuff I couldn't use and clothes I couldn't wear.  As a result, I'll send DD to daycare in a nice outfit rather than let her grow out of it before we get it on her.

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Whatever is clean?  Sometimes I get behind on laundry.  DD usually wears a dress or shorts and a t shirt.  I rarely send shoes since even when they play outside DD doesn't wear them in the yard or on the patio.  In the winter she wears socks.  This coming  winter since she is walking she will probably wear shoes as well.    
  • Options

We never use onesies because DD has to have access to her belly (a comfort thing for her).  We usually send her in a t-shirt or tank top and cotton leggings/pull on elastic waist pants.  I don't like putting her in dresses because I don't consider dresses "play clothes" and I want her to be dressed to play.

Personally, I think your DCP would be thrilled w/just a onesie because it's quick and easy for diaper changes.  I think it's fine for a baby but I might find it strange to see a toddler w/just a onesie in public.

imageimage

TTC #1 Cycle 14 - IUI#1=BFN, IUI#2=BFP | TTC #2 Cycle 8=BFP!! imageimage

• Options

imagetomandcourt:
    He has plenty of clothes, but it's like we're saving them for something special . . . I don't know.

I also have this problem. He has a ton of cute polos and shorts and shoes, but I rarely put them on. And I hate putting away spacebags upon spacebags of clothes that had only been wore once. 

Anyway, we send C to M&FIL's in onesies and knit cotton shorts and a lot of one-piece outfits like this. The onesie is particular lazy of us, because it's usually the one we put him to bed in the night before and we just throw on a pair of shorts. We rarely do socks (because it's hot and he crawls out of them) and now that he is standing up and cruising we don't do shoes either.

The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

until around the time he was a year old, he wore onesies and shorts or pants. I don't know why, but I was never a huge fan of just having him in a onesie and no bottoms...

now he wears shorts and t-shirts. he comes home all kinds of dirty from daycare now that he's in the toddler room, so I don't put anything on him that shouldn't get dirty.

• Options

I've always put my son in actual outfits.  Even when he was a teeny baby he wore onesies and pants. 

He still wore some onesies w/cargo type shorts or occasionally knit shorts when he was under one.  Now he wears a lot of polo shirts or t-shirts w/ shorts.  I usually put him in socks and sneakers since they do play outside most days.  I have a bit of a shopping problem when it comes to him, so he has a lot of clothes.  And he wears his good stuff to day care.  I just treat any stains before I do laundry and have rarely had anything not come out.

• Options
    imagebh2720:

until around the time he was a year old, he wore onesies and shorts or pants. I don't know why, but I was never a huge fan of just having him in a onesie and no bottoms...

now he wears shorts and t-shirts. he comes home all kinds of dirty from daycare now that he's in the toddler room, so I don't put anything on him that shouldn't get dirty.

Ditto on this.  Plus I know that toddlers are messy and don't stay clean but I swear my daycare provider uses the cheapest least amount of coverage bibs. DS always comes home with food all over his clothes. It's just gross that he has to sit in dirty clothes for most of they day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We send DD in a Carter's onesie and either pants or shorts with no socks/shoes. I have some nicer outfits but like you I save them for special occasions. Cotton onesies are just so easy and because all of the Carter's clothes pretty much match, it's easier for DH to dress her in the morning too.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"