Military Families

Camp Lejeune--a few completely unrelated questions

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Camp Lejeune--a few completely unrelated questions

• Hey there.  I lived in Jacksonville for 10 years. 

Fall is usually pretty mild.  In fact, summer temperatures can continue well into October.  It can be very hot during the day and chilly at night.  I would expect the temps to be in the mid 70's to mid 80's with humidity. 

Churches tend to be very traditional in that area. I went to Discovery Church a few times.  It is very, very contemporary.  I liked it - very friendly, pro-military, relaxed.

I went to Hairtage Salon and Spa.  When I first moved there, I bounced around a lot and was always unhappy.  Heritage is definitely more expensive but worth it.  My stylist was Nicky. Her family owns the place.

For a mani/pedi, I used to go to a place in the mall.  It was cheap and they did good work.  I went to Hairtage once or twice, but there wasn't enough of a difference to justify the cost.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I can answer your first question.  The great thing about Jacksonville is that for the most part, you can wear flip flops year round, which I love.  It is pretty interesting weather actually.  It might snow one day, and the next it is in the 70s.  This past year, I was wearing shorts/capris into November. 

I will say that this past winter was very cold compared to how it usually is.  I think it surprised a lot of long time Jacksonville residents because it is not something that they are used to.  The winters are usually very nice around there.  I lived in eastern NC since 2004, and this was the first year that I ever had to actually wear a winter coat.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Fall/winter are really enjoyable here! We're from New Hampshire so we're used to very cold weather as soon as October hits. I was wearing shorts/flip flops until Thanksgiving time. The temps during the day didn't really drop below 60 until mid-December. January and February were the coldest, sometimes getting down to 30's. It snowed the day before Valentine's day this year (maybe 3 inches) and lasted about 12 hours! By mid-March the temps were back up to the 60's.

I've heard really good things about the Discovery church here. I've never been though.

A ton of my friends go to TLC Hair Studio/Salon (can't remember what the name is) and see Brooke. They all swear by her! Her prices are reasonable too. I'm a chicken and wait till we go home to visit lol. 

Hope this helps!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm due the beginning of November and we're bringing him home in a long sleeve pant outfit. A lot of our clothes for him are long sleeve for the winter. I had a friend who had her baby last year when mine is due and she always had him in just a s/sleeve onesie and he always looked (and felt) so cold to me!
  • Thanks for asking this!  We are supposed to be heading down to NC in October and #2 is due in November so I've been trying to figure out what kind of things I want to pick up now so I don't have to do a bunch of shopping when I get there.
  • I second a lot of what the others said, Hairtage is the place to go.  I would recommend First Baptist Church of Jacksonville.  It has a wonderful nursery, multiple services- both contemporary and traditional.  The pastor is young and is very well relatable.  ANd they have a ton of Sunday school classes to allow you to find your place within the church. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"