D.C. Area Babies

Grocery Delivery Questions

Ladies,

I'm thinking about trying out grocery delivery -- either Safeway or Giat Peapod. Does anyone have any experiences with either, good or bad?

Also, can you use coupons with the delivery service (not on delivery service, but coupons for the food itself)?

TIA!

Re: Grocery Delivery Questions

• We used Peapod for a few months after DS was born. I liked it for a few reasons: 1) we got 60 days of free delivery, 2) they have web-only sales, 3) I didn't have to leave the house!

You can use coupons, as well as your bonus card or whatever that thing is called. The only issues I had: sometimes you would order something and it wouldn't come. This meant they had run out; they wouldn't charge you, but they also didn't tell you in advance. This could suck if it was for a recipe or something. Also, we had two instances of things breaking in transit. We got credited for them, though, I think.

All in all, I liked it, but less so after I had to pay for delivery (I think it's $7 but can be less depending on how much you spend).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• we also use peapod, they are coming this afternoon actually.  We have only been doing it for about 4 months but have had no issues so far.  THe delivery charge doesn't bother me because I still spend less then I would going to the store and just walking down teh aisles:-)
  • Loading the player...
  • imagetomandcourt:

We used Peapod for a few months after DS was born. I liked it for a few reasons: 1) we got 60 days of free delivery, 2) they have web-only sales, 3) I didn't have to leave the house!

You can use coupons, as well as your bonus card or whatever that thing is called. The only issues I had: sometimes you would order something and it wouldn't come. This meant they had run out; they wouldn't charge you, but they also didn't tell you in advance.

This was the only annoying thing so far.  We're still in free delivery phase, but I figure at 8 bucks, it's still worth the time it saves me to go get everything and lug it all home.

• oh and you can call and have them pick up the totes if you don't have room to store them, if you do an unattended delivery.
  • I used Peapod for a long time after DD was born and loved it.  We got a coupon to use for the first 90 days delivery was free.  I set up substitute items for things that I really needed that they might be out of to avoid the situation pp mentioned.  I did have a couple times when items weren't as fresh as I would have found in the store so I called and they credited my account, no questions asked.  I was impressed at their selection for produce which was my original concern because I am very picky about that. 

My only complaint is that they use a million bags!!  Like sometimes putting just one item in a bag.  I use cloth bags when I shop on my own so I found it very disturbing to end up with so many plastic bags that were completely unnecessary.

imageimage

TTC #1 Cycle 14 - IUI#1=BFN, IUI#2=BFP | TTC #2 Cycle 8=BFP!! imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"