New York Babies

Where are you delivering in Westchester County if you have Blue Cross Blue Shield?

edited July 2021 in New York Babies

Hey Everyone,

My husband and I are planning on starting a family and currently have Blue Cross Blue Shield and live in Westchester County, NY.  However, Blue Cross Blue Shield no longer has a contract with the majority of Westchester County hospitals.  I don't know what to do.  For those in this position, where are you planning on delivering your new bundle of joy?

Any suggestions will be great.  So far, I believe my only options are Hudson Valley Hospital in Corlandt Manor and Putnam Hospital Center in Carmel.  Does anyone have any experience with the birthing centers at these hospitals?  Also, if you have an OB/GYN affiliated with these hospitals that you would recommend, please let me know!!!

As you can see...I need help!

Thanks! Valerie

Pregnancy Ticker Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family

Re: Where are you delivering in Westchester County if you have Blue Cross Blue Shield?

• Hi Valerie,

I live in Westchester too but I have different insurance.  My OBGYN (who I LOVE) has an office in Mt. Kisco and in Carmel.  I don't know for sure, but I would guess that if you visit the Carmel office that he would deliver you at Putnam... it wouldn't hurt to call and just ask.  My dr's name is Dr. Berck with MKMG.

To answer the other part of your question- I don't know anyone that has delivered at Putnam (I don't have many friends with kids), but one of my girlfriends did deliver at Hudson Valley and loved it.  She is getting ready to pop with the second and will be going there again.

I hope some of this helped.  GL!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I live in dutchess and have BC/BS and I am delivering in Connecticut.

However, my best friend delivered in Putnam and had a great experience...although, this was 8 years ago...but had a private room and said she'd totally do it again. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • I delivered at Putnam and had a FANTASTIC experience!!!!!  I totally recommend the birthing center, all of the nurses were excellent as well.  We also had a NICU stay (at Putnam it is called a Special Care Nursery), but they definately went above and beyond for me, my husband, and my entire family--giving me a room everyday to stay in, allowing me to stay over free of charge to be close to my daughter, giving me food after I was released--those are just some of the things that they did.  My doctor is FANTASTIC as well, his name is Jeffrey Katz, he is out of Mahopac and he is a one man practice his number is 845-628-3033
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image Doriimage
  • There are a couple different types of BC/BS.  I have BC/BS, but it's not the Empire BC/BS that's common in NY.  We're delivering at Lawrence Hospital in Bronxville, and my doctor is Dr. Rubeo, right down the street in Bronxville.  His office is really great, and Lawrence Hospital just had their entire maternity ward completely redone.  Every room is now a private suite, and it's a small, quiet hospital.
  • That is my friend's doctor too...Dr. katz....she loved him (i knew if i heard the name i would remember)....she said he was up with her at 2am once talking her through a fever with her daughter.  she cannot say enough about him
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • imagessage:
    That is my friend's doctor too...Dr. katz....she loved him (i knew if i heard the name i would remember)....she said he was up with her at 2am once talking her through a fever with her daughter.  she cannot say enough about him
    HE  is an amazing doctor!!  As you can see from my siggy, I had been pregnant with twins, I delivered both at 35 weeks and he was in my room with me laughing and crying as if he was a part of my family.  He even has a picture of my daughter in his office!!  I have been going to him for 15+ years, and he thinks of me like his daughter though.  However, my friend was in a similar situation and he was the same for her as well.  He has the best bedside manner anyone can ask for!! 
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image Doriimage
  • Hello Valerie!  I delivered 2 via c-section at Hudson Valley.  I used Hudson Valley OBGYN in Cortlandt Manor.  They have 2 midwives and 2 docs.  I had c-section due to GD.  The first time  I had a failed induction and the 2nd a repeat c because the baby wasn't moving well and they wanted to get her out.  I would recommend that practice.  I also know women who've used Dr. Miesersky (spelling) in Cortlandt and Dr. Horaksingh (spelling again, lol) in Yorktown.  Good luck to you.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
  • Blue Cross and the hospitals either made a deal or are close to a deal. Just thought you'd like to know!
  • maltmalt member
    Yes, I had this problem (my doc delivers at White Plains hospital) and have been freaking out for 4 months. They just came to a settlement on 8/1/10 so no more worries! yay!!
  • I work at White Plains and I just wanted to let you know they made a deal... so you dont have to worry about BC/BS! Go where you want to!!

Good luck! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"