1st Trimester

Those that got pregnant and used OPKs, please come in

This is our first time using them and I'm not sure what to do (other than read the instructions, of course). 

Did you get lines that got darker until you got a +?

When did you have intercourse after the +?  Same day, next day, both?

Yesterday I got a line that I thought was as dark as the control, but today it's definitely as dark as, or darker. So is that my positive? Could I get 2 in a row?

Re: Those that got pregnant and used OPKs, please come in

• I got 2 in a row and we had sex for 3 days straight after the first +... And it worked...

Get to humping!! Good Luck 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrsR0908:

I got 2 in a row and we had sex for 3 days straight after the first +... And it worked...

Get to humping!! Good Luck 

Oh and yes, it sounds like a positive to me. 

• Loading the player...
  • I used Clear Blue digital OPKs so there was no confusion.  We were having intercourse every other day and then when the OPK was positive, every day for the next few days...and it worked!

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • blynneblynne member
    I got two positives in a row, we had sex both nights and we got pregnant! Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah I'd say that's positive. I'd have sex every day until say Saturday or Sunday just to make sure you have your bases covered. Have fun! 
  • Thanks ladies!!   We're busy tonight, but I must find time to seduce DH :)
  • My lines fade in so I got lines that gradually got darker. Not all women have that though, some have no lines and then, BAM, lines.

You can see my timing/OPK's in my chart in my sig. 

I had sex two days before I got my + opk and the day of. 

You can have several + in a row, I have had up to 3. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I used the internet cheapies and they progressively get darker. We only had sex the day it was really dark, and it worked! I was also charting so I knew I ovulated sometime that night. I thought we would be out because I thought I had probably ovulated earlier, but apparently that is exactly when I was. Good luck!
  • I used an OPK when I had EWCM just to confirm. If I had a faint line I would test the next day to see if it was darker. We had sex every other day around the EWCM and +OPK. I would also had two positives in a row (but that is all I tested so not sure if there could be more).

And I would say that you had a +.

• imageblynne:
    I got two positives in a row, we had sex both nights and we got pregnant! Good luck!

Same here.

• Sounds positive to me too. Many women get more than one + in a row which means normally you should ovulate within 12-36 hours so you should be sexing it up ASAP! Good luck!
    Keeping my fingers crossed for my BFP Buddy STL34!!! CafeMom Tickers
  • We had sex the night before and the day after I got a +OPK.. Before the + we were on the every other day schedule since I wasn't charting.
    IMG_7454 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageelle980:

I used Clear Blue digital OPKs so there was no confusion.  We were having intercourse every other day and then when the OPK was positive, every day for the next few days...and it worked!

This is exactly what we did.

• The second I got a faint line we got to humping.  Three days straight.  I don't think it matters how dark the line is.  The test is supposed to show that you will be ovulating within 24-36 hours, so as long as you have the line, no matter how dark, you'll be ovulating soon.  Just enjoy the husband time.  Or, as someone used to say on the TTGP board: When in doubt, hump it out.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I avg'd 2-3 days of positive in a row.  We started as soon as I saw one and kept going until the day after the last one to cover it.

I used the digital happy face ones b/c I had such a hard time reading the others

EDD with #4  01-20-14
    Proud mama to a boys-  6/17/09 - a girl 2/23/11- and a boy 8/20/12

• I got 3 double lines in a row.  The first was faint, second dark, third faint.

I'm pretty sure I ovulated on the second day.

We had intercourse the day before the first line, the day of the second line and the morning of the third line.  Generally we were doing it every other day, so the last time was just for good measure. My temp had already spiked, so I had already ovulated....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • As soon as the faint line showed up, we got after it.  I had a faint line for like 3 days until it got dark enough to be considered positive.  We had sex every day until the OPK just showed one line again - think it was like 5-6 days in a row.  Smile
    Fun with Santa!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • imagestahlop:
    The second I got a faint line we got to humping.  Three days straight.  I don't think it matters how dark the line is.  The test is supposed to show that you will be ovulating within 24-36 hours, so as long as you have the line, no matter how dark, you'll be ovulating soon.  Just enjoy the husband time.  Or, as someone used to say on the TTGP board: When in doubt, hump it out.

Actually with OPKs the line needs to be as dark or darker than the control line to be considered positive.

I used OPKs and got 2 positives in a row. We usually had sex every other day before that, but when I got the positives we would have sex those nights and like 2-3 nights after. It worked!

• i just used walgreens generic brand (for ttc 6 months). The first month i used it i just waited & waited. (start taking urs between day 6 after first day of last period & on...) I ovulate late, in day 18 to latest 24, But every women is different.  And look for the other triggers if you get them. Headaches, slight pain on one side, discharge changes etc... Then i was so excited to see the line go darker. It predicts the best 24 to 48 hours, so yes, you should get the same color one day and then the next should be darker. Get it on missy!!!! LOL

• imageN_RN:

imagestahlop:
    The second I got a faint line we got to humping.  Three days straight.  I don't think it matters how dark the line is.  The test is supposed to show that you will be ovulating within 24-36 hours, so as long as you have the line, no matter how dark, you'll be ovulating soon.  Just enjoy the husband time.  Or, as someone used to say on the TTGP board: When in doubt, hump it out.

Actually with OPKs the line needs to be as dark or darker than the control line to be considered positive.

I used OPKs and got 2 positives in a row. We usually had sex every other day before that, but when I got the positives we would have sex those nights and like 2-3 nights after. It worked!

This, I had 2 lines almost all the time, it just got much darker just before ovulation.

• imageN_RN:

This is true, but my OPK lines were disappointing.  I had 2 test (12 hours apart or less) that I considered positive, because they got pretty dark as compared to barely there, but they were barely as dark as the control line.  It's hard to tell because for me, the test line is always thinner, and it seems like the left side of the test line is always darker than the right.  I definitely ovulated because I got pregnant.  At the time I thought it was a weak surge and would never work out.  We had intercourse both days of the "almost positive" OPKs.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"