New Jersey Babies

New in Northern NJ + a Question

Hello from Morris County.

My husband & I will be TTC; I don't have a regular OB/GYN in this area.

Anyone have a doc they love in Morris or Essex County? I'd like one who is going to be procative when it comes to TTC (if we have concerns or difficulty) & probably affiliated with either St. Clare's in Denville, Chilton in Wayne or St. Barnabas in Livingston.

I'd consider going farther for a great doc with Hackensack Univ. Med Center.

Thanks in advance, ladies, I appreciate any input!

Jamie.  

A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
imageimage
"5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: New in Northern NJ + a Question

• Hi, I am wondering why you don't have Morristown Memorial Hospital listed as a choice. I delivered there and I can not say enough about how great they were. The nurses took excellent care and everyone was so nice there.

My ob/gyn is also in Morristown- Dr. Iammatteo or Dr. Bellish (Dr Bellish is a woman if that is important to you). They are also really great.

I live 45 mins away from Morristown but went there because they are so excellent and have one of the best NICU units around. 

So that is just another option for you.

Good Luck

image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I completely neglected to mention Morristown, it skipped my mind! That is definitely a great hospital & I would consider OB/GYNs in that area. I'll look into the doctors you mention...

and your babies are adorable! :)

A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

• Loading the player...
  • If you're interested in a group of midwives, check out avalon - they deliver at morristown.  I've been REALLY happy with them.  They're affiliated with some ob's in case you need them along the way.
  • Hi, I go to West Essex OB/GYN in Livingston, particularly Dr. Keiser and have been really happy with him. I'm not sure of their stand/experience with TTC but I really like all the doctors in the practice. They do have a woman on staff (Dr. Degraff) if that's important and she's really nice. They are affiliated with Dt. Barnabas.

• jen629jen629 member
    Hi lady!...I am actually switching my doctors after having a horrible time with them and the office after my losses and probably going to go to Dr Surmeli's group
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • Morristown is GREAT and also has a great NICU - which to me was a big bonus in case it was needed.  My cousin lives right near Hackensack hospital and actually chose to drive all the way to morristown for everything b/c she wanted to deliver in motown so much more.

my Ob is fantastic - you can google him and find tons of info... Craig Bissinger.  He is funny, caring, smart and very highly respected in the area (i'm a drug rep and know a ton of doctors and nurses - many of them/their wives go to Dr. Bissinger).  his partner, Dr. Flores, is awesome. i loved her, too. 

the thing I loved the most about Dr. B was that when i was feeling my worst he always made me know that he cared - never dismissed anything - always showed empathy for what i was going through.  That is rare in doctors.

• imageKittycat196:

Hi, I am wondering why you don't have Morristown Memorial Hospital listed as a choice. I delivered there and I can not say enough about how great they were. The nurses took excellent care and everyone was so nice there.

My ob/gyn is also in Morristown- Dr. Iammatteo or Dr. Bellish (Dr Bellish is a woman if that is important to you). They are also really great.

I live 45 mins away from Morristown but went there because they are so excellent and have one of the best NICU units around. 

So that is just another option for you.

This. I live an hour from Morristown and am delivering here. They are one of the best hospitals in the area.

I also use Dr. Iammatteo and Dr. Bellis and love both of them.

Good Luck

This. I live an hour from
  • Jamie, Thanks for bringing up this topic. I am also looking for a new OB/GYN but would like to go to Chilton b/c its closer to where I live. Anyone have any suggestions for drs in the Wayne area?
  • I have been going to the Morristown OB/GYN group (they have offices in Morristown and in Succasunna) and while I don't necessarily have the same sort of bond with the doctors there as some other posters seem to have with their doctors - I have found them to generally be caring, attentive etc.

I have never had a problem with their care, and while this may not be the world's best reason to like/dislike a doctor's office, I do like having a practice of doctors (vs. one sole practioner) because especially now in pregnancy - working full time, I do not have the option to come in at 2 p.m. in the middle of the day and wait 2 hours to be seen.  They offer pretty early morning appts (8:30) and a few evenings as well. 

Good luck!

• You're probably not willing to go that far, but I went to the Hackettstown Midwives and delivered at Hackettstown Hospital and I cannot recommend them highly enough.

I didn't want to go to Morristown because it's a teaching hospital.  I have no actual experience with it, but that's just something to keep in mind.

• Hi if you don't mind going to Wayne I go to Womens Center on Ratzer Road. They are very pleasant and have several doctor to choose from. My doctor is Dr Shakiba (male) they're affiliated with Chilton. Good Luck in your TTC journey hope to see you on the TTC board soon!

Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Dr Simonetti in Millburn.  He's part of Summit Medical Group and delivers at St. Barns and Overlook.

My entire office uses him or his partner Dr. Seymour.

• Hi!

I currently use Terri Fuller.  She's a nurse practioner based in Lake Hopatcong (and uses Fred Nichols as her collaborating physician).  She and everyone in her office is warm and friendly, with very little wait time in the office!

For my daughter, I used Drs. Maugeri and Wallis in Dover.  Both were great but there were VERY long waits to be seen and I wanted to find someone a bit closer to my home in Sussex County for this pregnancy.

FWIW, DD was delivered @ St. Clare's and we had a fantastic experience with every staff member we came into contact with.

I hope this helps!

Good Luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"