3rd Trimester

Is amniotic fluid sticky?

I think I might be leaking. 2-3 x tonight I've felt like I kind of peed in my pants. TMI!! I've been doing laundry, so I'm walking around in just a shirt and my underwear. It felt weird, like I was kind of sweating between my thighs & kind of sticky & it smelled like semen..just right now I went to the bathroom and my underwear were wet and I know I didn't pee... WDYT? Sorry if confusing to read as I am on my iPhone.
Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Is amniotic fluid sticky?

• I would call my doc right away.  Even if you're wrong, this is a serious issue and should be discussed with him.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have been having this a lot lately and so I called and went in Sunday.  They said I needed to come in.  Well...it was not a leak, but it was definitely nice to know.  I would definitely call, but I bet it is not amniotic fluid.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lorelei Lizabeth 8-5-10
  • Loading the player...
  • What you have sounds like regular discharge. In my 3rd tri I had discharge so bad I had to wear a pantyliner. Amniotic fluid smells sweet not bleachy.
  • Does it have color? Could it be your mucus plug?

They regenerate themselves, so even if you lost your mucus plug, another could take its place before baby comes. I think you should call your doc just to be safe! :) Good luck! 

• It's probably a combination of discharge and sweat. Amniotic fluid is watery like urine but it's clear and not smelly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"