Military Families

Patient Advocates

For those of you who are or were treated at MTF's, what was the patient advocate set-up? I've been having issues with the standard of care at our MTF since we arrived here in March and have recently been contacting  patient advocates. I find it very strange that they are located in the clinic that they are assigned. For example, my issue is with the family practice clinic and I have to either call the clinic or show up there to reach a patient advocate. I just feel that they should be located separate from the clinic (at another location within the hospital) or at least have a direct phone line. Please let me know what your experiences have been.

Re: Patient Advocates

• Sadly, I've had to meet with a patient advocate at 3 different MTF's.  It was always completely pointless.  I still go to the PA, but most of the time they just defend and deflect,  so I usually end the meeting and make an appointment with the hospital commander.  
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I worked in a few different MTFs over the last 9 years.  Each clinic in the MTF should have a patient advocate so they can try to resolve the matter at the lowest level.  The next step is the hopsital patient advocate.  There should be a primary and alternate person assigned to this position.  This is the primary person's full-time job.  The MTF commander sees all complaints at this level. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm thinking the hospital commander is my next step. I have been waiting for a call back from my assigned PA since last Monday. After calls to the clinic didn't work I showed up there hoping to get someone to talk to me. I got blown off again so today I called the hospital level PA. I'm now waiting for a call back from him. I'm not waiting too long.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"