Secondary IF

Would you cancel this cycle? Long. . .

Ok, before I ask my question, let me preface this by saying I am not a bad person. I understand children are blessings, but I already have my baby after our first struggle with IF. To have a second child, I am honestly kind of ambivalent. IF we were to have another, I think it would be great to have a sibling for DS, and I know DH would love another child, but I am perfectly content with just one.

With that being said, we are on our first cycle again of Clomid. I have been adamant that I do not want twins. I just don't think I can handle it. DH travels 40-50% of the time for his job, and I don't think I would be a good mom to DS, who right now is my first priority.

I went in for my follie scan today and I have two, one is about 8.5 and the other almost a 10. Now, I know anything can happen and only one might mature by the time I should have my IUI, but they both could mature as well. If that is the case, I honestly think I would cancel the cycle. It seems like a hassle to do another round of meds, but I would switch to Femara this time and take a lower dose. What do you think, what would you do?

Oh, and another struggle is more of a spiritual nature too. I am a Christian and wonder if I should be letting God make this decision, but then on the other hand I feel like God would give me peace about moving forward with it too if it were right.

Re: Would you cancel this cycle? Long. . .

• Obviously you know that this is totally up to you, but since you asked I will give MHO.  If it doesn't seem right, then don't do it.  There is obviously a risk of multiples with any ART, but if you are adamant about having a singleton, then the good old fashion way or possible IVF with a single embryo transfer may be better suited.  I also struggled spiritually with whether or not ART was a road I wanted to go down.  Lots of luck to you and only you and your hubby know what is best for you and your family.  Remember if God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • last cycle i had 4 follicles and a BFN. this cycle i have 2, maybe 3 (in the 2ww now). i think the meds intentionally increase the number of follicles and it may be awhile before you only have 1. i agree with PP, the old fashioned way or single embryo IVF might be best.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"