Minnesota Babies
Options

Baptism Gowns? Where did you get yours?

Hi Ladies  - Any recommendations on where to purchase a baptism gown for my baby girl in the Twin Cities?

I'd prefer to go to a store and purchase one rather then buying one on-line.

Thanks!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Baptism Gowns? Where did you get yours?

• Options
    I don't really have a recommendation for you, but instead wanted to share with you an idea I heard the other day, that I'm planning on doing.  On raising sextuplets last night the mom had the kids' baptism gowns made out of her wedding dress.  I thought it was so special!  I saw a bumpie on here once do this, and use the spare material for a quilt for her LO.  I'm totally snagging this idea!  I'm planning on researcing seamstresses that can do this for me.  GL!
    bfp 5/17/09 - missed m/c 6/17/09 @ 9w - stopped growing 6w 1d, D&C 6/19/09
    BFP #2 10/13/2009 on our 2nd Wedding Anniversary
    Discovered TWINS during the 6w u/s - what a shocker!
    Delivered on 5/19/2010 at 34 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP syndrome
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    The Bump MoM Recipe Collection
  • Options
    Well we used the one I was baptised in but I was just at Burlington Coat FActory and I think they had some in their Baby Depot dept.
    imageCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    my mom made mine (she was going to use my wedding dress, but it was too heavy of a fabric). But they have them at BRU. They'll also have them at places like Irish on Grand.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    St. Patrick's Guild would have them in St. Paul as well.  I used the one I was baptized in for baby I.
  • Options
    The one we will be using is the gown my great grandfather was baptized in and so far every one of his children, grandchildren, great grandchildren have been baptized in it as well. If we didn't have this option, I would have loved to get one made out of my wedding dress.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

NorthWestern Books stores also sell them. Aiden wore my gown but like pp had said if this was not a option my mom would had made one out of my wedding gown (or the extra fabric we had from my gown) 

Good luck  

• Options
    We had planned to use mine, but it didn't fit well. I picked out a boys outfit from BRU. Sears and Macy's used to carry them too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"