Florida Babies

Has anyone delivered at Brandon Hospital?

I am due in November and I am delivering at Brandon Hospital. I am looking for some feedback on anyone's experiences both good and bad please feel free to share.

Re: Has anyone delivered at Brandon Hospital?

• I'm delivering there in August!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Bentley James born 08/06/10 at 3:17pm 9 lbs 20 inches
  • I have- 2 years ago. I had a great expierence. I have a few friends who chose not to go there because they "heard" bad things, but it didnt stop me. I loved the nurses and it was a quiet and calming atmosphere. They used to have a great support group post baby for new moms but its stopped due to funding. Thats where I met half my current friends and weve been close ever since- it was so awesome meeting other moms from there! Everyone I know has had a good expirence. They dont pamper you or anything but I wasnt there for a vacation if you know what I mean! lol.. I think youll have a good expierence! We are TTC#2 and I intend on having our next baby there too- I live only 5 miles from it.

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • I will be delivering there in June.
  • ValeryValery member

My cousin delivered twins there. It was an OK experience for her. She prefered to go another route with her next one. They had her in an operation room in case she needed to deliver by c-section.

I will be doing my clinicals there in a couple of months..Maybe I will see you! :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thank you for sharing your experience with me. Everyone that I talk to has delivered at St Joe's or at Tampa General. Did you take the Birthing classes at Brandon? Do you mind if I ask you what Dr's group you used? I go to Women's Care of Brandon. I have only met two of the 4 Doctors but I like both of the 2 that I have met! Thanks for your feedback! Have a Great Weekend! Pamela
  • I am delivering my twins there in July. I also took free classes there and liked it. I will take the hospital tour next week for piece of mind. I have to go there every 2 -3 weeks for my ultrasounds and so far I love it.
  • I had my son there in 2006 and it was a nightmare.  The nurses were rude and lazy, not to mention incompetant.  Theres a ton more detail, but it's so much to get into!!!

I delivered my last two (and will deliver any future children) at st joes in tampa.  THAT place is a dream come true!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I will be delivering there next month. I took my child brith class that was taught but a Brandon Hosptial L&D RN and I loved her. She also took us on the hospital tour loved it as well. I go to Zweibach Women's health. I know a couple of friends that delivered there the most recent in January and they all had good experiences and liked the staff.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I go to Women's Care of Brandon also. I will be delivering at St. Joe's instead of Brandon. I know many of the nurses in L&D there and they are wonderful. Not sure of what bad news you heard about Brandon but everyone I talked to had a wonderful experience.
  • I took the breastfeeding class at Brandon. It was wonderful! I am looking forward to taking the Childbirth and Newborn Care classes.
  • I had my daughter there in December 2007 and had an absolutely wonderful experience.  Not only was the L&D wonderful, my daughter was in the NICU for 10 days and they have an absolutely amazing staff.  I have since moved to Wesley Chapel but will be delivering baby# 2 there in September because I am so comfortable with the hospital and love my Dr.  I go to OBGYN Associates and see Dr Armas.  I think that no matter what hospital you ask about, there are always going to be people who loved it or hated it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"