Military Families
Options

PCS Move

Hello,

My husband is station at Ft. Lewis and we have been here for 8 years. We are getting ready to do our first PCS move. Along with that I will be just about 30 weeks along when we get to Kansas (Leavenworth). Does anyone know about the hospitals there? I was told I had to deliver off post and then I was told something totally different. I was trying to get everything set up so when I get there I wont have to stress about the move and then stress about trying to find a baby dr.

Re: PCS Move

• Options

We relocated there when I was about 32 weeks with #1.  I was on standard at the time and delivered at the St. Luke's Northland in Kansas City.  I had a very good experience.  I went to the Northland Women's Care in Kansas city for my ob care, they were attached to the hospital.  I set up an appointment right before we moved there.  We did live in Platte City, not on base, so it was only a 15 minute drive.

If I remember correctly, the hospital on base is rather small.  But if you are living on base, not sure what the other closest hospital would be.   

• Options
    so I would prefer to deliver off post since I have had two other c sections with my boys. Do you know if you can elect to go off post. We are planning on being on post, but I would be willing to drive anywhere. I drove almost an hour just so I could avoid the military hospital for the first two.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am not sure, but if they are telling you you'll be off post, perhaps you could tell them you request a certain doctor and research ahead of time to see if they take tricare prime.  I am on standard so I can choose my own civilian provider.  I do know that the clinic I mentioned took prime as well, at the time.  But that was almost 4 years ago.  

GL!  I was a c-section as well. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"