Ohio Babies
Options

Getting to know one another!

saraseksarasek member
edited July 2021 in Ohio Babies

Just thought it might be nice to get some discussion going! Or at least get to know one another :)

Where abouts in Columbus are you? (if you are comfortable answering)

How far along are you in your pregnancy? Do you know if its a boy or girl? Have you chosen names, nursery themes, etc?

What part of pregnancy do you love/hate the most?

Sara

Sara - 30 DH - 32 Gracie - June 18, 2010 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Getting to know one another!

• Options

Hi!

I reside in Pickerington. I am almost 22 weeks. We are expecting a boy on July 1. We have decided on Cole for his name, still contemplating middle names! I have all my nursery things picked out. I pretty much took my inspiration from a pottery barn image.

I'd have to say that my favorite thing about being pregnant is knowing I have my little one on the way. The worst is the 1st trimester sickness, my body is changing so fast it scares me, and I can't seem to quit eating chocolate!

• Options

Hi!

I am in Hilliard.  I am 21.5 weeks, due July 4th.  We just found out last week that it's a boy - we've decided on Rayne David for his name.  I don't have nursery stuff picked out yet - but I'm thinking a jungle theme - lots of animals.  We are registering this weekend! 

I agree with you babyreid - best thing about pregnancy is knowing he's there.  I love when he kicks and moves around, it's the best feeling.  The worst part so far is the gaining weight in my butt/thighs part!  I don't mind how big the bump gets, but it seems I can't do anything about the rest of the body.  I am trying to eat healthy, but it just seems that my body is going to do whatever it needs/wants to.  I'll take it if it means a healthy baby this summer!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sara - how about you?
  • Options

Hi all!

I live in Westerville and  am 21 1/2 wks also due July 4th. We are also having a boy. (Tons of boys being born this summer!) We decided on Riley Evan for his name. Of course we are doing our nursery in a golf theme (My husband decided that one). 

I love knowing that our baby is growing inside we've been waiting for him for a while. The thing that I hate the most is the heartburn. I guess it's not that bad since I didn't have morning sickness. 

• Options

Doh! I did forget to post about me, didn't I? I'm in Columbus, near the Easton area though we plan on moving by the time baby starts school (if the housing market is any better by then.) I'm 23 weeks and 3 days as of today, and we're having a girl (so many boys this month it seems!) We decided on the name Grace Alycia (Alycia is my MIL's name).

DH was pretty set on Classic Pooh for our nursery theme long before we got pregnant, so that's what we're doing :)

So far I've had an easy pregnancy *knocks on wood* but for the back aches and leg cramps. I miss my coffee though, but it's well worth it to go without :)

Are any of you ladies taking childbirth classes or anything like that?

Sara

Sara - 30 DH - 32 Gracie - June 18, 2010 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options

We live in Lewis Center. I'm just past the half way mark. We don't know yet if we are having a boy or a girl. Our ultra sound is March 10 but it's not a pressing "gotta know right now or my world will end" kind of thing for either of us. Our girl name is Elaina Gabrielle and the Boy name currently (has changed a few times) is Julian Michael. We're decorating the room with pooh and tigger in neutral colors.

My favorite part thus far was telling our family. We gave them special presents at Christmas. Two of my SIL's got t-shirts the say greatest aunt but one was in braille and the other in Chinese. My other SIL has been TTC and since there are now 5 women at my work expecting I gave her two water bottles. One filled with water from work the other from home. My sister's family received a christmas ornament for their 2 kids that said Big Cousins 2010. My mom got yarn to crochet a baby blanket and his mom got a plaque to count down my due date with.

kolney Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I love the name Julian! :) And yay for more Pooh and Tigger! :) It was the one theme DH and I both loved.

We told our families at Christmas. DH's family on Christmas Eve and mine on Christmas. MIL and my mom both got a frame that said 'Sneak Peek' on it with a picture of the ultrasound inside. My MIL took awhile to understand what it was (she doesn't have the best eye sight), but my mom freaked out before she even got half the wrapping off. It was great :)

• Options

hey guys just saw your post .

im in the newark area . 10w & 4 days . i've got a long while to go :)

hope you guys have great advice . im a first timer & don't know what to expect !

• Options

Hello C-bus bumpies!

Nice to meet you guys. I am in the Hilliard/Dublin area and I'm 14 weeks along. This is our first baby - yay! And we will hopefully find out the sex in April. I think it's a boy, my husband a girl :-) We don't have a name picked out yet but I have a good list going. I think it's going to take seeing the baby to actually pick the name. We'll see though. We are trying to decide on the nursery. It'll be either nautical or animals. Maybe a combo of both?? :-)

I have had a really great pregnancy so far! No MS - just sleepy but even that is getting better now. But the worst I'd have to say is the gas and heartburn. I love seeing my bump grow (slowly now) and finding cool little changes like this last weekend I saw a line going from my belly button down. haha! I also love knowing I have something really special in my belly. So neat!

Ok, everyone have a great evening!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hi Columbus Bumpies!!

We live in the Grove City area. This is my husband and I's first baby as well =) I am 22wks and 5 days today and we are having a baby boy! We're naming him Carson Michael (michael is DH's name). For the nursery theme we are doing Dr. Seuss. We wanted to do something original/not seen very often.

As far as my pregnancy has gone, i've had some "issues" lol. Extreme ms that caused me a 4 day stay in the hospital at around 10wks. Lost about 15lbs all together because of it as well. Also had some slight bleeding around 18wks. Went to the hospital again a found out i had a kidney stone =( blah. I passed that and thought i was dying lol! Now, things seem to be settling down a bit. I love feeling Carson moving around in there (except when he gets my bladder and i pee Stick out tongue ) We absolutely can't WAIT until he is here!

Look forward to getting to know you all and GL with all the your pregnancies. May they be healthy and speedy =)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hi!

I'm in Pickerington and am between 4-6 weeks along.  We just found out last week and won't get into the doctor until next week (hence not knowing how far along we are).

This will be our first and couldn't be more excited!  Since we're not very far along, I haven't experienced a lot of symptoms.  I'm just looking forward to going to the dr next week and finding out our due date!  I hate the constant nausea feeling.

• Options

Hi Everyone! :)

My name is Cristal- we're expecting our first baby October 6th (-ish. They've changed the date on me once already lol...). I live in the Dublin area. We just found out yesterday we're expecting a little boy! We're undecided on a first name but have a middle name picked out- Jacen. We figure we've got a wee bit of time to decide on the first and have a list we're weeding through. :D

What do I like most...hmm. Crazy. The fact that I got pregnant at all! :) I'm a high risk pregnancy because I'm diabetic. I was resigned to never being able to have kids so this was an unexpected surprise. :) I also like the fact I was nauseous but never had morning sickness and managed to loose weight after I started following a proper diet. :)

What do I like least...well, I suppose the fact I suffer significant back pain that just gets excruciating after working a long day (I'm a flight attendant too!). I tend to forget to sit down a bit during the day when I work. :P And just general nausea but that's going away. And no burritos but I figure I'll catch back up on that in a few months. :D 

• Options

Hey everyone. I am 24 weeks along, almost 25 and am due Sept. 11th. My boyfriend and I found out about 5 weeks ago that we are having a little boy. We decided to name him Connor Alexi, although due to certain events, the middle name may change.

As for my nursery plans, our original idea was to a black and white theme, since those are the colors babies recognize first-hand, but then decided to do a pirate themed room (his daddy and me are both pirate fanatics, lol). I havent yet bought anything; Im waiting to see what I get at my baby showers first so I dont have to backtrack.

I would also agree with most of you mommies-to-be. My first trimester was a bit shady, with lots of fatigue and nausea (never got sick though), but this second trimester hasnt been tough at all. Ive noticed my moods getting a bit out of hand (sorry hunny, lol) but other than that, just the fact that my son is kicking all the time is the greatest factor of pregnancy yet so far. He kicks all the time!! Although there are times it can be a pain, literally, I wouldnt give it up for the world.

Hope all you other mommies-to-be are healthy and doing well through your pregnancy!

• Options

Hello!  I live in Hilliard and love my little man who will be 5 months next Wednesday!  I cant believe that he is going to be that big :)  I am so glad to see a more active Columbus board....I hope that this continues.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Hi ladies! I'm actually about an hour south of Columbus, but there isn't a closer board. =)  Hopefully my husband will get into the doctoral program he likes at OSU, so if that's the case we'll be moving there when the munchkin is about 6 months anyway. OK, to be honest that's the doctoral program *I* like because it's closer to family & friends - he really wants Minnesota, but I'm hoping that changes.

I'm only 11 weeks; I won't know the sex for a few more.  We actually chose names before we even stopped preventing, so that's one thing set.

Right now, I'm still sick. =(  That's definitely what I'm not loving about pregnancy.  I'm excited, but it still doesn't seem very real to me yet, so there isn't necessarily something I love the most.

Nice to "meet" you all! 

• Options

Hello All!

My name is Stephanie and my DH and I live in Westerville.  We are  having a baby boy (our first child) due September 1st!  I am 33 w and 2 days pregnant.  

We are delivering at St. Ann's and just finished our classes there over the weekend. I can't say enough about the facility!  Highly recommended!

Our nursery is finished...we did geometric shapes with a wall of beige tone squares, circle patterned curtains from JCP.com, and a contemporary crib bedding in light blues, oranges, chocolate browns, and beige tones.   Cute accents like a miniature rocking chair from Home Goods with color matching stripes made it come together. 

We are using J.A.Y.S. Photography for our newborn pictures.  Kelly and Jay do a FANTASTIC job...as we used them for our wedding photos too! We can't wait to see how the newborn/maternity pics turn out!

We are in the process of researching peditricians close to St. Ann's and have interviewed some really great practicies so far!

We are still searching for childcare for the fall....such a scary process to think of leaving LO so soon!   

Hoping everyone is doing well and having a smooth pregnancy!  It's nice to see some activity from the Columbus board! :)

Have a great Friday! 

Stephanie 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"