Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

discount for bereavement flights?

Are you able to get a discount on a flight if you're traveling for a funeral?  For some reason I thought I'd heard that a long time ago.  If anyone has done it...is it much of a discount?  I'm helping my brother research some options for traveling to a family funeral.

Married: '06 - Mom of 3 boys: '08, '11 & '14

Re: discount for bereavement flights?

• I think some airlines offer compassion flights but the discount varies from carrier to carrier and in Continental's case the percentage off depends on the total price of the round trip flight. In some cases you can get a better rate just checking online travel portals. I would check online first for the flight you want and then call the carrier to see if the price they quote you for bereavement is lower.
  • We had to call to get this rate through American several years ago (I also called Delta, I think, and they also offered something similar). Neither carrier's discount was very significant, though.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I called Southwest & they don't offer bereavement pricing.  The other airlines were all considerably more expensive, so whatever discount they offer probably wouldn't bring the price down to a reasonable amount.  Thanks ladies!

Married: '06 - Mom of 3 boys: '08, '11 & '14

• Have you tried priceline?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"