3rd Trimester

Choking on your own spit.

is anyone else doing this more often since being pregnant.  It drives my husband crazy.  He says I cough too much, but I'm choking on my spit.  He says he's never heard of that before.

Am I the weird one?  Or is he for not knowing this happens?

Re: Choking on your own spit.

• Girl, I am the poster child for this right now!

It seems I have a lot more spit than usual. I could be mid sentence and start choking. Glad I'm not the only one. 

• I have some serious post-nasel drip and I cough and gag on it all the time. He is the mis informed one.
  • Loading the player...
  • kofmkgkofmkg member
    Yes.  It happens more often than I care to admit.  I also still have issues with too much spit in the final interval of my sonicare toothbrush cycle- and usually have to end the cycle early before I gag or vom on my own spit.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Love, luck, and prayers to my BFPB Dr. SnowflakeBride

• Glad I'm not alone.  Hopefully it will go away shortly after baby arrives.
  • ricejlricejl member
    I am drooling so much at night time that I'm constantly flipping my pillow, I'm having to change my pillowcase every other night
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Actually you may know me from my work with Tom Hanks. 

Critically panned, but did marginally well at the box office. 

• ive been doing it too. I feel stupid when I do it but I cant help it.
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Yes!  I did this nearly every day in my 2nd trimester.  I got a new office chair and it helped.
    Daisypath Christmas tickers imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Missed miscarriage 12/26/11 at 12 weeks
  • All.the.time.

I have to consciously eat food sometimes, too. If I just eat quickly, when I'm extra hungry or if the food is amazing, I choke pretty easily, too.

• I haven't noticed any increase but I did do this the other night. Really bad too. lol, we couldn't help but laugh after I said "I'm fine, just choking on my spit"
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep, I keep doing that too. I thought it was just me. It's like I've lost control of my saliva and throat lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not only choking on my spit, I'm choking on my reflux at night.  I have to be very conscious of what and when I eat at night.  I was up nearly all night Sunday because I ate dinner too late.  Even propped myself up in bed and still felt like I was drowning.
  • I've been like that since I got pregnant-I think that having so much spit is part of what made me have m/s so bad.And at night I drool so much,I actually wake up because the side of my face is wet...ugh

Lilypie - (yNYF)

Lilypie - (bSes)

T1 diabetes diagnosed 11/95 due to severe pancreatic injury
    BFP 1 1/22/10 EDD 9/30/10 Adria b. 9/11/10 d.8/9/11, Transposition of the Great Arteries,
    Pleural effusion, Kidney Failure
    BFP 2 4/26/12 EDD 1/3/13 M/C 5/13/12
    BFP 3 10/3/12 EDD 6/17/13 Twins! Preston and Juliet b. 5/22/13

• imagericejl:
    I am drooling so much at night time that I'm constantly flipping my pillow, I'm having to change my pillowcase every other night

OMG, This. Sooo gross.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"