Military Families
Options

Lovely co-worker....

So, with DH being gone I have become a little irritable.  Especially towards one particularly nosy coworker.  I don't want her knowing he's gone or where so when she asks, I say he's home.  Anyways, She asked the other day, I said he was home and then she she began a story. "My friends fiance is in the military....he's in the airforce too.  His name is *name*  does your husband know him?"  I hate this question, you might as well ask if he knows Joe Schmoe who lives in NY!  Anyways, she carries on...

"He was in Afghanistan and was a attacked...." yadda yadda yadda.  The guy is ok thank goodness.  but hey, thanks for letting me in on something I really don't need/want to hear.  I can do enough worrying on my own thanks.  UGH.  ok, done venting.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Lovely co-worker....

• Options

That would be annoying!  I hate it when people pry into your personal life.

On a funny note, my Dad asked DH if he knew "John Smith" because he's one of his good friend's kids and he's in the Navy too.  DH was like "whatever, if I had a dime for everytime someone asked me that question..."  Sure enough, we were at a party and this guy introduces himself as "John Smith."  DH was like holy $#!%  Anyway, now they are in the same squadron and we still joke about it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options

Nosy coworkers definitely suck.  Sad

Can I play devil's advocate though?  Since you keep telling her he's home, she has no clue he's deployed and that stories about Afghanistan would be particularly touchy for you.  KWIM?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageGracieLouFreebush*:

Can I play devil's advocate though?  Since you keep telling her he's home, she has no clue he's deployed and that stories about Afghanistan would be particularly touchy for you.  KWIM?

OH man - for a regular person that would make sense!  For her, it gets worse!  I hear even more stories and "did you see the news..." from her!  Plus, she wants ALL the details, where he's at, how long he'll be gone, when he comes home, what we will do when he comes home....I could go on.  She just doesn't get it that I can't spill all that information.  There is only one co worker who knows all that and its only because her hubby is in the same squadron so he knows anyways.  :o)  Oh well... it's done right?

• Options
    imageRoseTor:
    imageGracieLouFreebush*:

OH man - for a regular person that would make sense!  For her, it gets worse!  I hear even more stories and "did you see the news..." from her!  Plus, she wants ALL the details, where he's at, how long he'll be gone, when he comes home, what we will do when he comes home....I could go on.  She just doesn't get it that I can't spill all that information.  There is only one co worker who knows all that and its only because her hubby is in the same squadron so he knows anyways.  :o)  Oh well... it's done right?

Ugh.  I don't have much more to add but I can't stand Nosy Nancys.

• Options
    imageRoseTor:
    imageGracieLouFreebush*:

My answer is always, "I'd tell you, but I'd have to kill you."

• Options
    Just tell her he's working. She doesn't need to know where.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"