3rd Trimester

Stripping Membranes ... 50% go into labor that day or next?

That's what my doc said!  She seemed very confident in the procedure.  She "isn't allowed" to do it before 39 weeks either.  So, I'll have it done at exactly 39 weeks.  :)

50% ... really?  What do you guys think? 

Re: Stripping Membranes ... 50% go into labor that day or next?

• I had it done yesterday around 3pm at 40 weeks 3 days.  I was 4cm and soft.  I did lose some of my mucus plug but no labor yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With my DS I had it done and delivered less than about a week later....so not sure how much the stripping had to do with it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • With DD, my midwife stripped my membranes at my 39 wk appointment and I had some contractions and lots of cramping but no baby. She did it again at my 40 wk appointment and I had DD 12 hours later. Crazy cramping all day but still had a baby by the end of the day!

GL!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I've had it done 3x and 2 of them resulted in labor.  The one time that didn't I was roughly 38.5 weeks, so maybe a tad early?  The others were 40w5d and 39w4d.  So my stat is 66%!

Good luck!  I'm going to be begging around 38 weeks, but don't know if my MW will do it or not.  We'll see...

• ::lurking::

I had it done at:

38 wks-nothing happened

39 wks-nothing happened

40 wks-went into labor 12 hours later

It will only work if your body is really close to ready.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • I had this done at 37 wks with DD and went into labor at 38 wks.  Long story short my OB  did it early since I was contracting every 6-10min for over a week. 
    Snuggling after a nap! Claira 2 yrs and Sophia 11 months Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Well, I'm 2.5cm dialated.  Cervix is very soft ... she could dialate me to 3cm no problem.  So, fingers crossed I'm in the GOOD 50%!  hehe
  • RNOHIORNOHIO member
    It worked with me.  I had them stripped when I was 3cm and 80% and went into labor the next day.  Well, I guess you never know if it was actually the stripping of the membranes or my body just going into labor on its own.
  • I'm 41 weeks 3 days and had mine stripped yesterday around 3pm.  Had cramping and bleeding but so far, no baby.  Good luck to you!  Oh, btw I was also 2 cm dialated and 70%...
  • With DD my OB stripped my membranes twice. I didn't go into labor until a week after he did it the second time, so I don't know if it worked for me. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I've never heard any statistics  before, but when I had mine done last time, I went into labor an hour later and had DD2 7 hours after that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"