Pregnant after IF

Third Tri Check-in 7.13.10

Welcome to the 3rd tri check in.  Please include you name, due date, gender, and add an update!

Congrats to all of our new moms ? Smilee, Caityr, Stepgirl32, Quizzle, Caynbill, TandW, and Smeyer!!!  So many new little ones!!!!

QOTD: What is your biggest fear about bringing home a new baby?  What are you doing to prepare yourself for that fear?

Jessben: 6/30 ? Boy

Jarms01: 7/1 ? Girl

Mrs.Hisonly: 7/19 ? Boy

Mouseygail: 7/21 ? Boy

MrsKenny2be: 7/27 ? Boy

BRSaugust20: 8/2 ? Team Green

S_ms: 8/2 - Girl

BizEb: 8/3 - Boy/Girl Twins

SarahJaneKregel:

Orangesmoke: 8/14 ? Boy/ Boy Twins

Beebaby: 8/21 ? Team Green

AlissaCell701: 8/22 ? Boy

SweetCaroline10: 8/22 - Boy

Hopecounts 8/31 ? Team Green

LCB34: 9/1 ? Girl

Sescms2004: 9/2 ? Boy/ Girl Twins

JGirl2005: 9/3 - Girl

Jastl32: 9/9 - Girl

Marcuej: 9/10 - Girl

Re: Third Tri Check-in 7.13.10

• LCB34LCB34 member

No new updates for me - just excited about my appointment on Thursday - we will officially get on the hospital's books for our delivery.

QOTD: I am just worried about caring for a newborn while sleep deprived.  I have my mom coming out for Kate's first 2 weeks so that I have someone at the house to help me since she is coming right during Alex?s busiest time at work and I know he will be stressing about keeping on top of email, taking calls, etc!

• Update:  I'm measuring 2 weeks ahead of my due date and I feel huge!  Pregnancy is much different for me the 2nd time around.  I'm going to weekly acupuncture and physical therapy for my SI Joint problems.  I'm hoping get relief from some of this pain before the baby comes.

QOTD:  My biggest fear about bringing the new baby home is how I'm going to juggle a 1 year old and a newborn.  I don't want Stella to feel left out, but Hadley is going to need me full time at first.  DH will be there for Stella of course, but it's not always the same as mama.  I'm also scared about the sleep.  I was able to get plenty of sleep when Stella was a newborn.  This time will be different because Stella will be awake when the baby is sleeping.  I see far fewer naps in my future!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Update:  Great 35 week appoint and NST today for me.  Cervix is still closed!

QOTD:  Greatest fear is not being able to take care of 2 babies at once... I've never changed a diaper in my life, what if I suck at taking care of babies?  I'm reading lots of books, watching "A baby's story", and practicing feeding and holding on my new niece (she's 9 weeks old today). 

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • update:  been having "real" contractions sporadically...and had 24 hours of 3 minute apart BH earlier this week...annoying.  I am going to be crushed if I haven't made more progress at my appt tomorrow!!  But I know his days in there are getting down to the wire (down to max of 18 if he holds out for induction!), so some days its easier to accept and just enjoy my last days being pregnant!! 

QOTD:  I think I'm most scared of the inevitable down moments...hoping that they are few and far between and that most of my time is spent soaking in my limited time with my baby boy and just taking everything in stride as it comes. 

• Update: I too am in the early labor phase, but nothing consistent. My next appointment is Thursday and I am anxious to find out where we go from there. My greatest fear is that I will have precipitous labor like my sister and deliver within 1.5 hours of her water breaking with her first (and 20 minutes after getting to the hospital).

I worry about knowing what to do with a baby (um- my baby!) 24/7! I know my DH will be a great help, but I do fear I will try to do everything on my own- because that is usually what I do- and get completely exhausted.

• imageoptimist1:

I worry about knowing what to do with a baby (um- my baby!) 24/7! I know my DH will be a great help, but I do fear I will try to do everything on my own- because that is usually what I do- and get completely exhausted.

Oh wow DITTO this for sure!  This is exactly how I feel!! 

Update:  With Mousey and Optimist on this "prelabor" contraction business - I think we are all in the same boat.  I was 1.5 cm and 50% effaced last week.  I go in tomorrow for my check up, but I don't think they'll check me again, so I don't think I'll know anything new.

• I LOVEEE all the new babies..it soo exciting!!

UPDATE: Nothing really..I have my first Internal exam next week..should be really fun (NOT!!) but I am excited to see if LO has turned himself around.  He was breach at the last u/s!

QOTD: I actually have been having a lot of them lately, I am totally freaking out about the breastfeeding..why I don't know. But we had our first pedi interview this AM and the Dr was really nice and was super supportive and answered many questions that I ALREADY had. We are also attending a class next monday which should hopefully calm my fears.

I am also sort of freaking out about the postpartum and dealing with all of DH's family, who want to come down as soon as LO is born.  My MIL is used to being the "top dog" and my dad is fairly easy going and it has truned into a competition who is going to come down first. Well, I am having serious panic attacks about her being in my face and me not having my family around. 

• Please add me! I'm due 10/8 with a boy.

UPDATE: i met with my OB and a dietician today to discuss my GD, and will meet with an MFM tomorrow morning. we're going to try to control it with diet for two weeks and if that doesn't work we'll start insulin.

QOTD: i guess my biggest fear (other than the fear of not having a healthy baby) is also the sleep deprivation. i think i'll start pumping breastmilk very early on so that my husband can share the night feedings with me, and if we're desperate for help i know our parents will be generous about staying with us and helping out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No real updates on me...we had our childbirth class on Saturday. It's all starting to become so real now. 

QOTD: this is a hard one. I'm scared of childbirth, the pain, the recuperation, etc. but I know it will be worth it. I'm afraid of annoying my daughter the way my mom annoys me (even though I love her). I'm afraid of balancing a career and being a mom...I have a feeling I won't want to go to work, but I can't quit my job due to finances. I'm afraid of getting PPD. I'm afraid of getting annoyed/frustrated with the baby. I'm afraid of sending her to daycare (here - if we move it won't be as big of a deal but I do not like the daycare here).

I just try not to think about these things and keep telling myself I will figure it out as we go along. I can only prepare so much!  

• Ooh can you add me to the list please? I'm due 8/28 and we don't know the sex yet.

Let's see, for an update.  Well, I still have horrendous morning sickness that zofran doesn't always control (yuck), contractions consistently since 24 weeks, and last weekend I threw out my back!  yay!  Tongue Tied  The kids are staying with MIL and my mom so I know they are well taken care of while I'm recuperating but I miss them so much!

QOTD: What is your biggest fear about bringing home a new baby?  What are you doing to prepare yourself for that fear?

My biggest fear would be that at the beginning, I won't be able to be the kind of mom I want to be to all three kids at once. I remember the transition from 1-2 kids was very difficult for the first 6 weeks.  I'm a SAHM and do TONS of activities with my kids, nothing organized, we're just always on the go or doing something around the house.  And I don't like when I can't keep up with my usual pace.

In order to prepare - well, I'm just going to have to convince myself that it's OK if my 4 and 2 year old watch a little more tv that usual.

• ::dancing in::  I made it to third tri!  WOOT!  I am due 10/2.

I don't really have any fears about bringing home the baby ... other than that something could still go wrong and I won't get to.  I think it will be hard and missing sleep will suck but that's just part of the package.  I think that most of mothering is intuitive and it will just ... happen.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • There has to be more people after marcuej.....:)

I am doing well.  Awaiting my fFN results, but my dr was 99% sure it would be negative.  That was my last one yesterday.  Yea me!  I am more like a normal person and get my cerclage removed in 4wks.

I have my baby shower this weekend (yes for a 2nd baby - in fact I have 2 showers.  ;) .  I am excited - it is going to be a fun girly time.  I really don't care what ppl give me, I just want to see people and have a great time. 

QOTW:  I guess my biggest fear is the sleep deprivation and BFing.  I know how hard that can be since it is the 2nd time around.  Also, I am still bedsharing with DS and DH is going to take that over, but I worry that he will be on 100% DS duty after work while I take care of the newborn.  Also, I really strugged last time and had DH helping me a lot, so I'm scared that I am on my own while he takes care of DS.  It's hard with little sleep, etc. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"