Texas Babies
Options

anyone been to corpus christi?

Trying to plan a weekend trip for our anniversary next month.

I was looking for recommedations on things to do, where to stay, etc?

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: anyone been to corpus christi?

• Options

Are you looking for a beach vaca? Or do you have a particular reason for wanting to go to Corpus Christi? 

I haven't been to the Texas coast since I was in high school, but I'm actually hoping to take Elise before the summer is over. We will probably go to Port Aransas... I'm looking at Sandcastle condos and I might look into Port Royal.  That is where we stayed when I was little.... I have no idea what it's like now. I am just in the very beginning stages of planning.

You could also check out Rockport.... our neighbors have a beach house there and they rave about the clean, calm beach.

GL planning!! 

• Options

I just moved from there, lived there for 8 years.

The aquarium is fun for the kids :) Corpus really isn't very tourist friendly and doesn't have a ton of entertainment. It is pretty much the beach. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I go to Port Royal at least twice a year and it's always a great experience. Love the condos, the pool is AMAZING and the beach is right outside the pool area. Love it! 
  • Options
    imagelauren&matt:

Are you looking for a beach vaca? Or do you have a particular reason for wanting to go to Corpus Christi? 

I haven't been to the Texas coast since I was in high school, but I'm actually hoping to take Elise before the summer is over. We will probably go to Port Aransas... I'm looking at Sandcastle condos and I might look into Port Royal.  That is where we stayed when I was little.... I have no idea what it's like now. I am just in the very beginning stages of planning.

You could also check out Rockport.... our neighbors have a beach house there and they rave about the clean, calm beach.

GL planning!! 

I practically grew up in Rockport. Your neighbors are right though, Rockport's beach is super clean and very shallow. You could walk out for miles because there's so many sandbars. There's never much of an undertow because of it. It's a great beach for kids. 

In Corpus, I'd do the Aquarium for sure. I would not recommend the Lexington because there's too many places to climb and it would be too hard with a LO. There's also a newish surf museum next door to the Executive Surf Club. It's small and won't take too long to go through, but it's interesting because it's one of only a few museums of its type (and it's free). I love, love, love Water Street for seafood and La Playa for Mexican food. Cole Park has a HUGE playground for kids that might be fun to go to. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

we're not bringing ds. Its an   adults only trip! haha!

Just a quick weekend getaway for our 5 yr anniversary.

Dh really wants to go do the USS lexington, so thats why we are doing corpus. But it'll all really close I think. So we could always stay in rockport or port aransas and drive  to that one spot right?

I was looking at staying at the omni bayfront. Doing a nice dinner friday night (so need a place for that). Then saturday morning tour the lexington and then find a nice beach to lay out at!(rockport?)  maybe thought about riding horses on the beach (dh surprised me with this about 9 years ago, but I lost the camera and we never got pics, so we always wanted to do it again).  I also saw a BYOB saliboat cruise that looked nice also. 

Maybe even spend sunday laying by the beach too.  It's only what about 2-3 hrs from san antonio?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"