Health & Exercise

30 day shred..

it seems like a lot of you ladies are doing this?? have you seen good results?? do you need to buy any extra equipment?? tia!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 30 day shred..

• All I needed was a yoga mat (if you don't have carpet) and some hand weights (I had 5lbs, but I wish I went with 3)!

I saw your previous post and this workout is much shorter than P90X. It's about 26 minutes from warm up to cool down. There are 3 different levels with 3 circuits each. It kills! With this workout and a very strict high protein diet I lost 10lbs in a month. GL!

• I'm not doing it yet. I have the video an have attempted to start it but only got as far as day 2. I'd love to get another group together to do it again for 30 days. I think I need some motivation to get my butt in gear. I would have done it with the other ladies but I just found out about it yesterday.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't stick with it ultra-religiously (the second step really hurt me and I only did it a day or 2 before moving onto the third step), but it definitely helped.  I used it while I was trying to get in shape for my wedding, and it definitely helped with making me look more defined, but I was also dieting pretty hardcore (South Beach phase 1) and running every day, so I can't say that it was JUST the 30 day shred, but I definitely thought that it was worthwhile, and plan on using it again when I am trying to gain some semblance of my pre-pregnancy body.  It is extremely brutal, but it is pretty short, and the different phases of the workout make it easier ("OK, I just have to get through 1 more minute of this then it's the easy part"...."OK, just 3 more minutes and I'm done").  If you're into walking or running I really, really reccomend doing that right before you do the workout.  I used to run a mile before I did shred sometimes, and every time I did, it made the actual workout significantly easier because my muscles were already warmed up and loose, and my body was in cardio mode. Unless you don't sweat and have ultra thick carpeting, I reccomend getting a yoga mat, and you need 2 hand weights.  Mine are 3 lbs, and I felt like a sissy using them, but by the end of using them in the workout, I assure you, they felt easily 10 times that weight.  So, yes, overall, worthwhile, but you have to actually do it every day, combine with a diet geared for weight loss (of course), and it doesn't hurt (provided you're not physically hurting yourself) to throw in extra exercise if you can.  Be aware though, the first day after you do shred, you will be incredibly sore, even if you go to bed feeling fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"