Military Families

Help!

Hello everyone,

I have a couple questions. First off, I am an Army Reservist and 13 weeks pregnant with my first child :). I heard about the pregnancy PT program, and would love to find out where I can get info on it...and if there is a remote PPT program. I searched on AKO but didn't come up with much for it.

Also, my Platoon 2LT wants me to participate in our unit's upcoming APFT in Oct. by that  time I will be  about 24/25 weeks. She said she couldn't find any regulations on pregnancy exempting me from the APFT and that I should just get a profile so I can walk the 2 miles instead of running...but I'm not sure if I even want to attempt sit-ups at that point in my pregnancy. Does anyone know where I can find USAR regulations on pregnancy??

Thanks for all your help!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help!

• FM 21-20 is the Army Physical Fitness manual.  There is information in there regarding pregnant Soldiers. Ask your doctor. If your doctor says no PT test then it doesn't matter what your LT says.  Dr's orders rule.
  • Buckeye says the reg is FM 21-20. eta She got here before my phone updated :-P
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebuckeyebabe08:
    FM 21-20 is the Army Physical Fitness manual.  There is information in there regarding pregnant Soldiers. Ask your doctor. If your doctor says no PT test then it doesn't matter what your LT says.  Dr's orders rule.

BEB is right.  Go see your doc and get an order for no PT.  I'm a Reservist, too.  I never took a PT test while pg.  My PL made me try to take one at 15 weeks when I had just passed one just before I found out I was pg.  I made it through push-ups, barely passed sit ups, started throwing up before the run and then almost passed out after the 1st quarter mile.  I went to the ER later that night with cramps.  The ER doc said I seriously overdid it and had no buisness doing that again.  He called my unit the next morning and told my PLT SGT off. 

Get a letter from your doc and don't do it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"