Pennsylvania Babies
Options

disappointing spa experience

i posted this on the general central pa board but thought i would post it here as well in case it saves someone else the disappointment .... i've heard people talking about Changes Day Spa in Mechanicsburg and was excited to use my gift card for a much need pedi. i've been to several different spas before and i must say that Changes is the most over-rated spa ever. their staff is stuffy and snobby and although the pedi was their 1 hour "deluxe" choice, it was about 1 step above what you would get at a chain "salon". beyond that, half the point of treating yourself to a pedi at a spa is to have that R&R moment. i couldn't find one between hearing the reception staff complain about this or that or the two spa members talking during my pedi. what a waste of time and a gift card.

Re: disappointing spa experience

• Options
    I've been there before & felt very uncomfortable! The place is wayyyy too fancy for me! I felt as though I had to dress up. I agree. The pedi area is very noisy.  :-(  And they are very pricey!
  • Options
    I was at a great spa in Carlisle a few weeks ago... Can't remember the name, but I think it was "Body and Sole." My pedicurist was so friendly and we carried on conversation, but we were there for a "bachelorette" gathering, so we were all pretty talkative since my friend's wedding was the next day. They aren't a huge place, but it is nicely laid out for quiet and relaxation. For the pedi, she left the room to give the stuff time to work, and she turned down the lights and left me with some magazines. VERY nice!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"