Babies: 3 - 6 Months

WHen do babies grab their feet?

Mine doesn't notice his feet.

He also doesn't roll over or babble :( He coos - but doesn't babble

Re: WHen do babies grab their feet?

• I think he started somewhere between 4 and 5 months.

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• My daughter did about 3 1/2 months but the pedi told me she is 2 months advanced.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I remember Libby starting to grab her feet around 4 months. 
  • this makes me feel better :)  It seems like a lot of babies on the bump do things early (STTN, roll over, etc).

But I probably just notice the early ones more.

• Matthew has not grabbed his feet yet. He only lifts his legs whe he is going to fart. LOLOL. He rolled over for the 1st time on Wed. As soon as he rolled over he looked up and screamed. He was freaked out. I had to laugh at him cause it was so cute. It was probably a fluke.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelilhotcandie69:
    My daughter did about 3 1/2 months but the pedi told me she is 2 months advanced.

How can a pedi decide if your child is advanced? Maybe this is a stupid question. But I've never heard someone say that their child is 2 months advanced..

• imagedoubledutymama:

imagelilhotcandie69:
    My daughter did about 3 1/2 months but the pedi told me she is 2 months advanced.

How can a pedi decide if your child is advanced? Maybe this is a stupid question. But I've never heard someone say that their child is 2 months advanced..

They expect certain milestones to happen at particular times. We were told that DS is advanced because at three months, he had full control over his head like a 5 month old would. At six months he started crawling and then pulled himself up to furniture the next day. But milestones usually happen in a range of time (like crawling between six months to ten months let's say) so it really doesn't mean anything. 

• imageJinglesChic:
    imagedoubledutymama:

imagelilhotcandie69:

They expect certain milestones to happen at particular times. We were told that DS is advanced because at three months, he had full control over his head like a 5 month old would. At six months he started crawling and then pulled himself up to furniture the next day. But milestones usually happen in a range of time (like crawling between six months to ten months let's say) so it really doesn't mean anything. 

I see! My son sat up at 4 months, crawled at 6 and walked at 9. But I would have never said he was 2 months advanced because he crawled 2 months sooner then the average baby. I know babies that crawled early..but didn't walk untill they were almost 18 months old, so just cause a child is "advanced" with 1 thing..doesn't mean they will be advanced with all if their milestones.

• imagedoubledutymama:
    imageJinglesChic:
    imagedoubledutymama:

imagelilhotcandie69:

I see! My son sat up at 4 months, crawled at 6 and walked at 9. But I would have never said he was 2 months advanced because he crawled 2 months sooner then the average baby. I know babies that crawled early..but didn't walk untill they were almost 18 months old, so just cause a child is "advanced" with 1 thing..doesn't mean they will be advanced with all if their milestones.

And this isn't meant to be a bitchy statement so no flames:) Just a point that I don't get how a 4 month old can be 2 months advanced already...

• imagedoubledutymama:
    imageJinglesChic:
    imagedoubledutymama:

imagelilhotcandie69:

I tend to roll my eyes when mothers "brag" about their babies being so advanced.  I don't think rolling over at 1 month is a direct ticket to Harvard.  It all evens out in the end. 

• imagegrapeape73:
    imagedoubledutymama:
    imageJinglesChic:
    imagedoubledutymama:

imagelilhotcandie69:

I tend to roll my eyes when mothers "brag" about their babies being so advanced.  I don't think rolling over at 1 month is a direct ticket to Harvard.  It all evens out in the end. 

I think it has to do with the fact babies were not stimulated from birth until the last decade or so. My nieces and nephew's who are over 10 years old did not have gym's or tummy time. They were kind of little snuggly blobs until they were 5/6 months. Maybe I am wrong but that's just my opinion

• imagegrapeape73:
    imagedoubledutymama:
    imageJinglesChic:
    imagedoubledutymama:

imagelilhotcandie69:

Totally true. I think DS is more into motor milestones than verbal ones. And things can even out later. I'm a proud mom though so I can't help bragging whenever I can Stick out tongue

• imageJinglesChic:
    imagegrapeape73:
    imagedoubledutymama:
    imageJinglesChic:
    imagedoubledutymama:

imagelilhotcandie69:

Totally true. I think DS is more into motor milestones than verbal ones. And things can even out later. I'm a proud mom though so I can't help bragging whenever I can Stick out tongue

I love, love, love, your siggy pic.  I would totally copy it, but LO would leave a puddle of drool on the keyboard.

Gianna is more verbal than any of my previous babies.  She "talks" all the time.  Heck she "talks" while she is nursing.  But she hates to roll over.  In her defense she has a huge booty which makes it hard for her.  I'm really hoping she grows into her booty.  I don't think they make Diaper Spanx. 

• imagegrapeape73:

I love, love, love, your siggy pic.  I would totally copy it, but LO would leave a puddle of drool on the keyboard.

Gianna is more verbal than any of my previous babies.  She "talks" all the time.  Heck she "talks" while she is nursing.  But she hates to roll over.  In her defense she has a huge booty which makes it hard for her.  I'm really hoping she grows into her booty.  I don't think they make Diaper Spanx. 

Thanks Smile DH was flipping when we were doing it because DS kept on banging on the keyboard. The laptop is a demo netbook that DH brings around to his clients. It was totally cute but I'm not happy with how the shots turned out. It's hard to get pictures now that he's mobile and DH is always too busy to help. 

• dantodanto member
    imagesmittysoup:

this makes me feel better :)  It seems like a lot of babies on the bump do things early (STTN, roll over, etc).

But I probably just notice the early ones more.

few bumpies runs to message boards to exclaim that LO is still waking up every two hours, still can't roll over, and still has no idea of the existences of his feet, That's why it seems like everyone here is reaching a milestone early

1ht

• DS started at about 4 1/2 months
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD started grabbing her feet around 4.5 months. By 5 months, she had figured out how to get them in her mouth.
  • Henry figured out that he had feet around 4.5 months. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Lol. Hitting a milestone early does not mean your baby is 'advanced.' Oh my goodness. Crying
    image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think some people Need to take a chill pill. There is nothing wrong with a mother or father being proud and excited about their children's development. This is a place to share about your child's development not criticise. It's not about being competitive or snooty. If you can not see the beauty in the way a mother talks about her child then you wouldn't understand her way of thinking. To her that baby walks on water. So rolling your eyes at a proud mother is just wrong and if you don't like hearing it go somewhere else you belong because this is obviously not the place for you.
  • My JJ is 3 1/2 months and grabbing her feet and chewing on them it's so adorable. She is also finding her passy and putting it in her own mouth. It's exciting to watch and wait for what she is going to do next.
  • Mine started at 3 months but is now 4 months and hasn't rolled over yet .  Last night she put her foot in her mouth.
     BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
  • My LO started grabbing his feet around 4 1/2 - 5 months...hes a rolling machine these days!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"