TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

"It's kind of like you're buying a baby instead."

Thanks, friend. That is exactly what adoption is like.

Re: "It's kind of like you're buying a baby instead."

• Who said that? Thats pretty ignorant.
  • This is for your friend.

Stillbirth at 23w6d on Sept, 22, 2008 M/C at 5 weeks June 14, 2010 My miracle, James Frederick born May 2, 2011 via C-section
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, "friend", that's TOTALLY what it's like.

I hate people.  That's like saying those who go through fertility treatments ALSO bought their baby (though unassembled, I guess).

People SUCK and are STUPID. 

• I overheard a coworker a few weeks ago, talking w/ another cw about Sandra Bullock and she said "She couldn't have a baby so she bought one instead."

I thought the smoke coming out of my ears was going to set off the fire alarm. My brothers are adopted, yes, because my parents didn't think they could have kids. They weren't bought, you stupidfuckingfertilewhorewhodeservesacuntpunch.

But she is a ginger, as is her baby, and we were making loud jokes about ginger babies the other day, so I got her back just a teeny tiny bit. Cause ginger jokes are offensive to gingers, but still funny, and not in the same area code of Offense as calling adopted children "bought."

• Um wow. I'd say friend gets a big ole fail.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Missed m/c at 17 weeks, partial molar pregnancy d&c 11/30/09
  • Who the eff said that?!?!?! Angry
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • OMG ::b!tchslap:: That was a really messed up and ignorant thing to say.
  • Indifferent I have no words for how awful that is. Some friend.
  • All because  I told her I didn't think we could afford to go to a couple of weddings this summer, because we need to save for all of this.

BTW: She also managed to say something about me having two "real pregnancies" and three "kind of sort of pregnancies."

So I'm thinking we won't be talking again for a bit.

I need a drink.

• Yeah, absolutely, totally the same thing.  Major eyeroll at your "friend."  Ugh.  I'm sorry :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Um, yeah, she sucks.
  • yeah, that's exactly what it is.  Ick, I'm so sorry
    DD(9)DD(5.5)DS(3)DS(born 2/1/11) July 2006, lost a baby at 8 weeks, natural miscarriage , May 2009 lost Zoe Eliana at 17 weeks no reason known, possible under developed organs. Lost two more babies in September 2009 at 7 wks 4 days. Had myomectomy surgery to remove a large fibroid in November 2009.
  •  

This goes to your friend

Go to fullsize image

• Honestly, she doesn't sound like much of a friend to me. You have so many people who care about you and love you. You really don't need someone like that in your life. (((hugs)))

• What a b*tch!  Someone has a case of verbal diarrhea and/or sh*t for brains.  Super Angry 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I think you should extend the silent treatment a little longer than "a bit."

What a cuntface.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  
  • WTH is wrong with people?
    imageimage
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
    April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks
  • She is one of those well-meaning idiots. She ALWAYS says the wrong, most offensive thing. And you KNOW she doesn't realize why that is hurtful, or wrong, or whatever.

I love her, but I should have known better when I saw it was her calling.

• People are stupid. Adoption is nothing like buying a baby. I'm sorry that was said to you. I think you will find that lots of negative comments are made about adoption.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I had a relative tell me that doing IVF was like buying a child.  F'em... who gives a sh!t what they all think anyway?!?
  • imageBBHME:

What a cuntface.

love this!

• Your friend is a total biitch.  I'm sorry sweetie.
    BFP 4/23/09. D&E 7/17/09 16W5D. BFP #2 3/10/10. EDD 11/15/10 Babycakes was born 11/5/10! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What an idiot.
    BFP #1 10/17/09: missed m/c at 7 weeks; BFP #2 10/22/10: chemical pregnancy; BFP #3: 1/28/11

Baby Boy Smudgie born 10/4/11

<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/triple_sevens/?action=view

• Oh my, she needs a new title because friend does not apply.  I'm sorry you had to deal with that idiocy... 
  • Again, I need a badge that says "The douche is strong with that one."
  • imageKelinandKevin:
    I had a relative tell me that doing IVF was like buying a child.  F'em... who gives a sh!t what they all think anyway?!?

Right on, Kelin!

And if IVF is like buying a child, why don't I have two children by now?

4/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    8/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    3/09 Polyp removed and dx MTHFR (both copies)
    6 Clomid cycles, all BFN
    5/09 IUI#1 with Clomid=BFN
    6/09 IUI#2 with Clomid=BFN
    8/09 IUI#3 with Clomid=BFN
    IVF#1 = BFN
    IVF#2 = BFN
    IVF#3 ET 2 Grade A blasts 11/16/11
    Beta #1: 485
    Beta #2: 2,495
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    imageimageimage
  • You're not serious.

I mean.....you can't be serious. 

Tell me you're not serious!!

• I had to revisit this to get all whipped up again.

Your friend's being a turd.  I'm sorry.

• Hmm Yeah kinda moron.
    Connor Thomas 6/6/08. Discovered missed miscarriage at 17 wks 3 days, D&C 11/25/09. Please, please, please - BFP 5/21/11, EDD 2/1/11. Beta@12DPO=52, Beta@14DPO=158. U/S 7/7/11 shows strong baby measuring a couple days ahead!!! Pregnancy Ticker
  • There is truly no excuse for these kind of statements.  If she is really that dumb, then it is a conscious choice to NOT try to learn what appropriate social behavior is, or at best, a decision that she doesn't give a sh*t how much she offends other people.

Ditch this b*tch.

• WTF?! Angry

TTC Since Oct 08 BFP #1- 1/23/09, missed m/c 2/26/09 BFP #2- 9/8/09, natural m/c 9/16/09 BFP #3- 4/13/10, missed m/c 5/26/10 BFP #4- 4/6/11 beta#1 at 12dpo-133 prog-55.7, beta#2 at 16dpo- 861 DD born 12/8/2011 BFP#5- 11/23/12 EDD 7/25/13 Dx- Uterine septum (removed Aug 2010), endo, MTHFR C677t hetero, Factor II hetero, Low Protein S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh.  What a dumbass!! I am sorry you had to hear that.  Sometimes IRL friends really suck Sad
  • I hate the "well meaning" type people. They know they're rude and being asssholes, but because "they mean well" they get away with it! F her and her stupid attitude! I'd have a few drinks, call her up and be a douche and at the end say, "well I meant well" or something to really stick it to her! I'm sorry she's a horrible friend and said that to you. ((HUGS)) 
  • Someone said the same thing about my IVF..can't do it on my own so I have to pay someone to do it for me...WTF!  Yup...totally wanted to throw that jerk through a window!!
  • thats one stupid a*s friend.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    4 losses (cp Feb 28 09, mc April 9 09 (5w5d), mc Aug 10 09 (7w1d), d&c Apr 12 10 (grew to 6w3d, mc confirmed at 8w5d). RX: Overies PCOS (hormones normal) & Balanced Translocation of Ch. 7 & 13 (40-50% mc risk)

Cooking Blog
  • She sounds like an idiot and after her comment to you I feel like punching her. I have a "friend" also who likes to make stupid comments, maybe we can set them up and they can make comments to each other.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• I am bitter and nasty today...So here it is - fvck her! What an ignorant b!tch...I would no longer be her friend...
  • imageambrandau2:

All because  I told her I didn't think we could afford to go to a couple of weddings this summer, because we need to save for all of this.

BTW: She also managed to say something about me having two "real pregnancies" and three "kind of sort of pregnancies."

So I'm thinking we won't be talking again for a bit.

I need a drink.

she is a crappy human.  I'm so sorry that you had to deal with her.  Drink up

• Throat punch required. Ps throat is a weird word. Nft.
  • She needs a vag punch!!  OMG!! Adoption is awesome...you are giving a child who doesn't have a family the gift of a family and you are getting the gift of a burping, puking, germy, grimey little perfect child to love and hold and squish!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"