Military Families
Options

I have a Tricare question

I am moving back home so I went to the tricare office, she gave me a list of names to choose from. I do not know any of the doctors on the list.    Do you know if I have to choose from their list or if I can choose my doctor ??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I have a Tricare question

• Options
    The list they gave you may be the ones that accept Tricare in your area. I hear that you can go to any doctor and file your own claims with Tricare instead of the doctor's office. This would probably cost you more oop but you will get reimbursed from Tricare. 
    30 Rock Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    We're on Tricare Standard and DD and DS go to a pediatrician that is not contracted w/Tricare but will bill them for us. We pay a little OOP but its not much at all really. So I'd call and see if your doctor accepts Tricare, if they do, then you can go there but be prepared to pay more OOP if they are not contracted w/Tricare. Chances are the list you were given were the contracted providers.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The list they gave me are mds not obgyns.
  • Options
    I would look for an OBGYN that accepts Tricare. 
    30 Rock Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    I am going to find all this out tomorrow. Just wanted to see if anyone had an idea. Thank you ladies!
  • Options
    I have been calling around and have found some that take Tricare Prime.
  • Options
    imagemississippigirl09:
    The list they gave me are mds not obgyns.
    OBGYNs are either M.D.s (medical doctors) or D.O.s (doctors of osteopathy). OBGYN is a specialty or specific type of doctor.
  • Options
    Hi! You can also go online to the tricare website and search for a list of providers through their. That's how I picked all my doctors. I'm on Tricare Prime as well. =)
  • Options
    If you're on Prime, you have to choose a PCM first, and they refer you to a network OBGYN.  You can check the Tricare website to see if your OBGYN is a Tricare provider.
    Married August 23, 2008!

My little angel RIP August 12, 2010 - September 5, 2010

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"