New Orleans Babies

Remote Baby Showers??

Anyone ever been to a Remote Baby Shower?  I live out of state & will be coming in to NOLA for a baby shower that my family is planning.  Just curious as to how it was handled as far as advising guests ahead of time to ship the bigger items.  My husband & I plan to bring an extra suitcase to carry the smaller items, but for obvious reasons,carrying bigger items on a plane is not possible.  I did put a little note on our registry asking guests to please ship the bigger items to our address listed.  Any suggestions???

Re: Remote Baby Showers??

• My cousin had the word spread around that gift cards would be a good idea because they can easily carry them then buy whatever else they didn't get.  They left that last part out.
  • i typed a long response to this that somehow never showed!

we had two remote showers, one in NOLA (we lived in Houston) and one in Ohio. at the ohio one mostly we were given smaller gifts (monitor, blankets, etc) and some my MIL shipped to us later. for the NOLA one some gifts were kept at my families which they drove to us when they visited the baby after she was born, others I got later when I visited, and the rest were gift cards.

-Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • LTF525LTF525 member

For my wedding shower I went to BB&Y the day after the shower and returned everything I had gotten that I couldn't pack. I re-bought it when I was back in DC.

2.5 yrs TTC #1 - DX = Stage IV Endo, Lap performed Jan 2010
    TTC #1 - May 2010 - IUI #3: BFP 
    TTC #2 - May 2012 -IUI #2: BFP
    TTC #3 - Jan 2013 -Surprise BFP!
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"