1st Trimester

Round ligament pain?

I swear it is WAY worse this time around!  If I stand up too quickly it feels like I am ripping in half!  

I was thinking that it might just be because I am-

a)way out of shape right now  

b) know what round ligament feels like (from previous pregnancy)

c)forgetting this part of pregnancy or 

d) totally being a big baby. 

what do you think ladies?! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Round ligament pain?

• I get these TERRIBLY when I stand up real quick. Since it's my first pregnancy I thought there was something really wrong until my ob confirmed that it's normal.  It shouldn't be b/c you are out of shape though b/c I still exercise 5-6 times a week.  :)  But you are not alone! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • in my pregnancy's it always got worst with every baby... I dont have much advice but to try and get in shape because it worsens throughout your pregnancy
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm right there with you. Got them already and not fun at all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Doctor said it's more noticable with subsequent pregnancies.  I had it starting at 6 weeks this time around. 

Apparently if you had a previous c/s, you can also have adhesions (I guess of the scar tissue) and you can feel those as well and they feel similiar to RLP.

"Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • wait...after reading this I'm thinking this may be something I'm experiencing occassionally but never really been able to describe it.  I stand up quickly and on either side of my stomach it feels like "something" detaches from my body...that's what this is?  Round ligament pain?  I've never heard of it and it doesn't happen often but when it does I grab my side and think wait a sec what is that.  It's never been a sharp pain but enough for me to freak out a little.
  • imageKamMitchy:
    I get these TERRIBLY when I stand up real quick. Since it's my first pregnancy I thought there was something really wrong until my ob confirmed that it's normal.  It shouldn't be b/c you are out of shape though b/c I still exercise 5-6 times a week.  :)  But you are not alone! :)

This.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I am so happy to google this and know, I am ok.  This is normal.  I do hate that the website I went to said it happens in the second trimester.  Umm, no evil baby center it happened in the first. 

https://www.babycenter.com/0_round-ligament-pain_205.bc

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"