Blended Families

Does anyone else worry about this?

Logically ... I know that both my SD and my LO are both the same percentage (if you will) of my FI, their daddy. But I worry that he wont love this baby the same way he loves his first.

Like last night, he was in a rage (well not rage, but he was pissed) that he found 3 framed pictures of SD in a drawer and not out where he could see them. (Now dont jump to any conclusions, where I'm sitting right now I can count 11 framed pictures of just her or with her in them. So it's not like me trying to hide her away.) And I just worry, is he going to feel the same way about this baby, is he going to be as protective?

My big worry is that if it's a girl, he is going to not be as attached to it, as if he would if it was a boy. (I am sure i'm just being a stupid hormonal pregnant woman, but I just can't get it out of my head.)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Does anyone else worry about this?

• No, I don't worry about this. And just based on your post, it doesn't sound like you should be worried either. If your DH has done other things to make you feel this way, then that's one thing. But sounds to me it's just the hormones talking.
  • I honestly wouldn't worry about this, I think its pregnancy hormones. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Who was he p!ssed at?  And why was he p!ssed?  Did he accuse you of hiding them?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Actually I would talk to him about it because it sounds like your PG is making him more defensive about his DD and worried that you will try to replace her.  I would explain to him that you love SD and her place in your family will not change but that the house is not a shrine to anyone and that it is ok to have a framed pic of a child in a drawer...my Mom has many and I am not hurt by it!
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • I did at first, and still do a little. I think some was Hormones and some me just being a woman. I have to tell myself that there is no way to love a child less, maybe differently but not any less. Good luck, try not to worry.
  • I worry about this alot. I have 2 SDs (both very young) and i worry the opposite- that if our baby is a boy he wont be loved as much or in the same way as "daddy's little girls".

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"