Two Under 2
Options

if you used a carrier (baby wearing) with DC#2, what did you use?

I read a post by Howleyshell (who always has good advice) and she mentioned she ended wearing DS#2 more than using her double stroller.  That got me thinking.  I didn't use/like my moby too much for Jake, but maybe if I got a different carrier, that would be a good option for DC#2. 

I started looking at Ergos.  What else should I be considering?

I take Jake out for walks all the time (in the winter, we'll go to the mall to get out).  Is it practical to baby wear when taking strolls or is it more just for around the house or shopping?

Re: if you used a carrier (baby wearing) with DC#2, what did you use?

• Options
    I have used the double stroller and also used the travel system stroller while wearing DS2 when taking walks, but I usually use the stroller if I'm walking.  I think I wear him more right now in general but just because it is easier and usually when I'm out and about it is running errands so I'm not using a stroller.  I have a Moby (not my favorite/barely used), an Ergo, and a Jeep carrier that is similar to a Baby Bjorn.  By far I use the Jeep carrier the most.  The Ergo is ok but I just love my Jeep carrier.
    imageimage
  • Options

imageiowagirl73:
    I have used the double stroller and also used the travel system stroller while wearing DS2 when taking walks, but I usually use the stroller if I'm walking.  I think I wear him more right now in general but just because it is easier and usually when I'm out and about it is running errands so I'm not using a stroller.  I have a Moby (not my favorite/barely used), an Ergo, and a Jeep carrier that is similar to a Baby Bjorn.  By far I use the Jeep carrier the most.  The Ergo is ok but I just love my Jeep carrier.

I have a baby bjorn, but I've never used it.  Why do you like the Jeep carrier better?  I don't know much about the Ergos

Thanks!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I absolutely love my ergo with the newborn insert. DS is so comfy in there and it hardly feels like I'm carrying any weight at all! We also use a hotsling around the house. I like it because it's super convenient, but I always worry he's too squished in there, but he's fine. I have a moby too, and well...I just can't get it right. I can't keep it tight enough, G doesn't seem comfy....I don't know. I should just sell it, lol.
  • Options
    Mrs.VMrs.V member
    I wear DS2 alot on walks right now. I have aphil and teds double stroller but so far DS2 doesn't like it so I end up wearing him in a baby bjorn and pushing DS1 in a small umbrella stroller. I want to buy an Ergo though bc DS2 is getting heavy to wear in the bjorn and I dont think its good for babies to stay in the bjorn for too long (bad for their hips).
  • Options
    I have a beco butterfly 2 carrier that DS #2 lives in.  It was the best purchase I made for baby #2.  I have a bjorn, but it bothered my back and I heard they aren't great for the babies hips and joints because of the way they lay.  I absolutely love my beco.  They are similar to Ergos but have prettier fabrics IMO.  When I was researching them people usually were choosing between Beco, Ergo, and Piccolo.
  • Options
    laura1laura1 member
    I have a Moby, Ergo, and Baby Bjorn, but I have been using the Bjorn the most by far.  We don't have the infant insert for the Ergo, but it would be too hot to wear her with it, I think.  The Moby I can't seem to get tight enough, but we have worn it around the house...again, I think it would be too hot to wear outside and it takes too much time to put on outside of the house.  The Bjorn is easy/fast to put on, and it seems to be less hot for both DD and I.  When we go to the store, I usually put DD in the Bjorn, then go around to the other side of the car to get DS - and he is not very patient, so it needs to be fast!  I also worry about DD's hips, but she seems to be quite comfortable so far...
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagestar173:
    I absolutely love my ergo with the newborn insert. DS is so comfy in there and it hardly feels like I'm carrying any weight at all! We also use a hotsling around the house. I like it because it's super convenient, but I always worry he's too squished in there, but he's fine. I have a moby too, and well...I just can't get it right. I can't keep it tight enough, G doesn't seem comfy....I don't know. I should just sell it, lol.

Just wanted to tell you that your kiddos are beautiful!!!

Regarding carrying the new LO:  I used a Hotslings sling in the newborn phase, until my DD was 1 month old.  Then I switched to the Bjorn, which worked great, but she's getting heavy in it at 4 months and 12.5#... So, I just bought an Ergo.  She is still getting used to the sitting position required for the Ergo, but it will be great once she likes it more as it's a lot easier on my neck/back.  I even tried the back carry with my 32# toddler - it was easy and he liked it too!  I think you will get the most use out of an Ergo, especially if you use it with the newborn insert (but I have no experience with that).  Good luck!!

• Options

I used a ring sling with both kids when they were little, but I used my mei tais with DS a lot more.  When chasing a toddler, the double-shoulder carriers seemed much more secure to me than the sling!

I have a toddler seat attachment on my stroller that I use frequently now that they're both bigger, but when they were smaller, I'd put DD in the stroller and DS in a carrier for walks.

I don't have an Ergo, but I have friends who do and love them.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemanda429:

imageiowagirl73:

I have a baby bjorn, but I've never used it.  Why do you like the Jeep carrier better?  I don't know much about the Ergos

Thanks!!

Here is the Jeep carrier I have.  I do not know if it is made anymore.

https://www.amazon.com/Jeep-2-in-1-Baby-Carrier/dp/B000B74DZ0

I like it that the LO can be facing towards you or away from you (Ergo is only facing you).  It is adjustable and for me it really is the most comfortable.  It is also the easiest for me to put it on.  Just a couple of clicks and there you go.  I've had the most practice at it though and that may be the issue.  I also like that it has a little section that you can roll up (mesh underneath) so the baby gets some air.  Both kids have fallen asleep while wearing it also (DS2 has only fallen asleep once in the Ergo).  I used to wear DS1 in the Jeep carrier while hiking.  I just really like it.

The Ergo you have to clip something together between/close to your shoulder blades.  Sometimes it takes awhile for me to get it since I can't see what I'm doing.  I also am not as comfortable in it.

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"