Baby Names

Middle name for Geneva?

Geneva is my grandma's name. I think it would be special if we would name one of our potential children after her.  I think Geneva would be very versatile; she could go by Gen, Genna, Genny, Neva, Eva, or Evie.  Personally, I think we would call her Evie, but we aren't sure what we would use as a middle name.  I like one syllable names for middle names.

DH thinks we could go with Rae, which is my middle name.  I've thought about Claire or Shae, my sister's names. If her first name is after a relative would it be better to give her a name all her own for a middle name, or is it okay to give both names after a loved one?

Re: Middle name for Geneva?

• I think it's fine to give both a fn and mn from a family member. However, personally I would only use one of the names to honor a family member.

some other possible mn's:

Grace, Rachel, Elizabeth, Isabel, Paige

• imagejrmason87:

is it okay to give both names after a loved one?

Yes

I think Geneva Rae is pretty.   Go for it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • Loading the player...
  • I think Geneva Rose is beautiful!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemcmann05:
    I think Geneva Rose is beautiful!

I think Geneva Rose sounds like a dancer.  Like a pole dancer.

I'd pick something simple and classic if you go with a first name like Geneva.  And be prepared for everyone to think that she was conceived there while you were on a vacation, and to call her Switzerland as her nickname. 

• As soon as I read the title for this post from the main board page , I instantly thought of Ray/Rae as a middle name ... then clicked in and saw you guys were already thinking that...
    spooky !! Surprise LOL
    But I think Geneva Rae has such a nice ring to it. A neat mix btwn classic & modern.
    :)

• I really like Geneva Rae.  Very pretty!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When/if we ever have a DD, we want to use Geneva as a MN also to honor my grandmother. It is a beautiful name!

How about... Renee, Anne, Elise, Therese, Rose

Cole Joseph 7/05/07

Nora Anne 11/03/12
    9lbs, 6oz
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagegibs:

imagemcmann05:
    I think Geneva Rose is beautiful!

I think Geneva Rose sounds like a dancer.  Like a pole dancer.

I'd pick something simple and classic if you go with a first name like Geneva.  And be prepared for everyone to think that she was conceived there while you were on a vacation, and to call her Switzerland as her nickname. 

Wow, way to be unecessarily rude and insult someone's grandmother! I think someone needs to work on their social skills.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"