Orange County Babies
Options

I need some advice....

I am 16 weeks pregnant in the lovely stage of looking dumpy not bumpy cute yet. Anyway, this past week I have been waking up with some back pain and today I woke up with an intense pain along my abdomen. It was not a cramp but a stretching sorta pain all the way across...Is this normal? Should I worry? I have a doctor's appointment next week...do I need to go in early?

Re: I need some advice....

• Options
    Sounds normal to me.  If you think about it, there's A LOT of stretching going on with your ab muscles and ligaments.  As long as you're not bleeding and have no additional pain, you should be fine.  But, call your advise nurse at your OB's office just to make sure - that's what they're there for!  Good luck, and congrats on your pregnancy!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket image
  • Options
    This sounds like Round Ligament Pain. Very normal. Still if you are concerned try calling your OB. Otherwise, PP is right...just think about all of the stretching you're asking your body to do! I would recommend starting regular prenatal yoga classes or a DVD pretty soon. Shiva Rey is good for beginners and Jennifer Wolfe is great if you've done yoga before. Both have people in all 3 trimesters on the DVDs so you can see the modifications for your body as it grows.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds like the normal stretching that happens. Might be time to get a pg pillow. 
  • Options
    Sounds normal like RLP. If you're not bleeding, I wouldn't personally be worried. Sleep with a pregnancy pillow and if you have access to a pool swimming will help stretch it out. :)
    Socializing foster puppies since 2009
    image image
    Chart for TTC#2
  • Options
    ocmom4ocmom4 member
    I agree... just make sure you discuss all of this with your doctor.
  • Options
    Sounds like Round Ligament Pain...
    DD #1: BFP: 3-6-10 EDD: 11-10-10 Baby Girl Came 11-1-10
    DD #2: BFP: 8-19-18 EDD: 4-30-19
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"