December 2010 Moms
Options

Pregnant Alone :(

When I found out I was pregnant, my husband had been gone to Iraq for almost 3 weeks.  I had no morning sickness or nausea, just severe fatigue.  So in that case I had no clue; the LO was definitely a surprise!  I hate that he has to miss everything.  Yes I keep him posted but it is not the same.  I moved back with my parents so I would not be completely alone, but nothing or no one is like having my best friend experience our first child together.  Are there any ladies going through a deployment right now?

Re: Pregnant Alone :(

• Options
    I'm not in your situation, but I just wanted to let you know that I'll be thinking of you. I don't know what I'd do if my DH were not nearby. Let us know if we can do anything for you. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just wanted to say hello!  It has to be hard, I can't imagine.  My husband is a pilot and he is gone for a week or 2 at a time, but I can't imagine him being gone all the time.  I thank you for your courage and thank your husband for all he is doing to defend our country!  THANK YOU!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not in the same situation as you, but wanted to point you toward the military families board. I'm sure you'll get a ton of encouragement there.
    Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • Options
    lrn327lrn327 member
    Stay here in the Dec board too!  This is a nice group of women.  I'm not in the same situation but will definitely be thinking of you.  My brother was also deployed during his wife's most recent pregnancy so I know it is hard.  I'll keep you, baby, and your DH in my prayers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hi Nicole :)  

I am not in your shoes but I have so much respect and admiration for you and many women out there in your shoes. I felt selfish last week because my husband went away for a week to Oklahoma and I missed him like crazy.  Then on the phone I told him "I don't know how women that have husbands on deployment do it!"  You're strong indeed. Please stay in touch with us.  When are you due?  I hope you stay with us as well.   PT&P your way. 

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is about" photo theboys_zps97f6caa3.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hi!  I am 16 week and my husband will be leaving for a year in about 30 days so I dont know what you are going through yet but I will.  DH and I have been lucky enough for him to see some of the developments, seeing me get the belly, cravings, finding out the sex together (Boy), and most recently feeling the baby move (1st time last night).

I am concerned about him not being around when the baby is born.  Although he is planning his leave around the due date to hopefully be there.  But when I start thinking about how hard its going to be I try to stop and think of how much he is going to miss and how hard it will be for him.

As one of the other posters  there is a military families board and they have been very supportive.  They are also a very good resource for tips and trick to dealing with this sort of thing.

Anyway, much love, stay strong and you are not alone.

• Options
    Although we are military too my husband is not deployed.  I am sorry that you are having to go through this and thank goodness for your family.  My SIL had to go through that and her husband was deployed for 14 months, so hard.  Just know that we are here if you need to vent!
  • Options
    So sorry!  I'm glad you have your parents to be supportive right now!  Good luck!  And don't forget, you have all of us!!  Big Smile
  • Options
    I am in the same situation.  My husband left last month and won't be back until next summer.  It is difficult and to top it off I went to the doctor yesterday and was told I have pneumonia.  I just want him to be home to make me feel better!  It is hard but you are definitely not alone!
  • Options
    I'm not on here often... in fact this may be the first I've posted, but my husband is deployed as well... So I hear you... I've had friends and family volunteer to go to some appoinetments with me, but its just not the same... they aren't the ones I want there...
  • Options
    Two of my good friends were separated during her pregnancy, and it was  difficult for them, but I can tell you that Skype was a godsend, and that ladies like you all have a massive fan club... I can't name someone I know who doesn't respect the sacrifices that military families make for the rest of us!
  • Options

I know that there are some other ladies here in your shoes so don't feel like you have to go the military families board to find others.  My H did a 9mo deployment 2004 or 05 and in April of this year he was deployed to the Gulf oil spill.  We got our BFP in early march so he was here for a little bit.  He got to come home for a couple of days last week then 2 days after we found out the baby's sex he left for Haiti.  I'm hoping to see him again on July11th or so.  I understand where you are coming from for sure.  It seems like since he has been gone everything we own has broken, the grass grows twice as fast and I just keep getting bigger.  I miss him like crazy but I'm trying to embrace the suckyness and understand that when I married him this is the life that I chose.  If you need anything questions, comments, or just someone to lean on dont hesitate to PM me.

• Options
    hi! my husband will be deploying next week and won't return until the baby is several months old.. it's really good that you have a supportive family that let you move in with them!  I've posted to the military families board a few times, but honestly all of the ladies on the december board are just as supportive and helpful (if not more) even tho not everyone is in the same situation.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Aww thanks ladies so much! I am still trying to get used to this whole posting thing, but I enjoy reading everyone's posts and replying to them.
  • Options

My husband deployed to Iraq the middle of march. We were not planning it, but I found out the first of April that we were expecting. At the time I was scared and had no clue where he really was because he was in transition between the states, kuwait and iraq. This is our first and it hasnt been easy. I had no real pregnancy symptoms besides being overly tired, but then I had Pnamonia(sp), then 2 weeks later was told I was having a miscarrage at 12 weeks, then found out I had a tear in my uterus. Nothing about this has been easy, but right before he left we had talked about how he would never truely be able to explain what he feels when hes overseas and how I would never be able to explain to him how i truely feel while I'm pregnant. I talked to him every day on skype and they are willing to work his R&R around the dates the dr feels he should be home for the birth. To make light of the situation we joke around about how he doesnt have to watch me pack on the weight(even tho its a good thing) and he doesnt have to be around for my crazy hormone changes. I see the dr every 2 weeks due to my tear and we try our hardest to work my appts around times he is able to be on the computer so i can tell him all about it. Im now almost 20 weeks and we find OUR way of dealing with it.

Some of the tough things for me is going to the drs appts without him. I moved back home so i see a civilian dr and they just dont seem to understand the comments to not make. I am almost always the only lady without someone with me, they almost always make a comment, but not on purpose. They just dont understand what we are going through, and i dont expect them to either. Due to my tear I cant have sexual activity (not like i can anyways, with out him) but the dr said it like "due to your situation I dont really need to tell you that there should be no sexual activity" in my head I just thought "my situation, is it like a disease or something that my husband is on the front line for your freedom" I now joke around about it with my husband. Hes the type of person who would have just said the comments I was thinking. So we just laugh.

This is only my first post I think on here. I normally just read what everyone has to say, but reading your post hit close to home. I know you and I will both run into bumps on the way, but its a deployment without our husbands when we could use them the most. We are married to the military, that means we do everything when they want us to, not when we want to. I wish you so much luck and support!! Just remember soon this deployment will be just a memory and you can look back on, and then think 'I was a tough lady, not only did I make it though it, but I did it pregnant'!!! Take care!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"