Two Under 2
Options

Bathtime Question

Anyone have an infant (almost 5 month old) bath they use with their toddler in the same tub.

Yes this may sound insane but it would be so much easier to bathe them at the same time!

Re: Bathtime Question

• Options

It isn't at all easier! We bought a bath seat to try...but it kept slipping so we tossed it. We even tried the Bumbo - but you can't really get a good wash of the diaper area...so that's out...plus when you have the tub filled too high it floats. 

It's just totally not worth it. I usually bathe one, pass along to DH to diaper and dress and read some books...and bathe the other. I would enjoy the one on one time.

• Options

My little one is 7 months old, so he can sit up now.  I just put them in the bath together with no additional equipment :)

At 5 months old, I brought both boys into the bathroom and gave my older one some toys to play with while I quickly bathed the baby.  Then I took the baby out, wrapped him in a towel, and put my toddler in.  I put the baby's jammies on in the bathroom and kept the bouncy seat in there too. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mine are not bathing together yet, but I will since most times I will do bath alone. I have a mesh seat from summer infant, that fits in the tub with another child (tried it with my nieces). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageCaitlinJ22:
    mine are not bathing together yet, but I will since most times I will do bath alone. I have a mesh seat from summer infant, that fits in the tub with another child (tried it with my nieces). 

This is the one I had - it is so dangerous I can't believe they are still selling it! Maybe your tub is less slippery than mine?? Not only would the seat move around but DD would wiggle lower and lower. I am a nervous nelly around water, though. Maybe if it had a belt? I'm really disappointed - I had high hopes for it :(

• Options
    imageTelyco:

imageCaitlinJ22:

This is the one I had - it is so dangerous I can't believe they are still selling it! Maybe your tub is less slippery than mine?? Not only would the seat move around but DD would wiggle lower and lower. I am a nervous nelly around water, though. Maybe if it had a belt? I'm really disappointed - I had high hopes for it :(

it should have a belt, but it never slid around on the bottom of the tub. It reclines to 2 different positions too, so i used it from 2 months on. I actually used it in two different tubs--old apartment, and new house and both were fine.

• Options

I bathe both my boys together and have since DS 2 lost his umbilical cord stump. It is soooo much easier and DS 2 likes to "help" wash DS 1 with the wash cloth (I only let him wash his belly and feet) But he thinks he's big stuff, it's cute:)  I don't know the name of the seat we use, it's a mesh material and it reclines back. We got it for DS 1 at Walmart for around 10-15$ over 1 year ago so I'm not sure they even sell them anymore:/  Here is a picture of it with DS 1

• Options

I bathe the girls together. Eleanor is sitting up well enough to use a bath chair (we use the Safety first bath chair I bought at BRU when Olivia was littler), and Olivia as plenty of room to do her thing. I was looking forward to this phase because it does make it easier on me. I do baths at night right before bedtime and I do bedtime alone due to DH's work schedule, so this way no one is left alone in the next room crying for mommy while the other is in the bath. It does take a little prep and planning, however.

I get the tub filled up and towels, lotions, diapers, and jammies laid out first. Then I get both girls stripped down to just diapers and we head into the bathroom. I close the door so it stays warm in there and I get diapers off and put Ellie in her seat followed by Liv in the tub.

I wash Ellie first. I do her hair and body at the same time so I only have to rinse her once. Liv likes to "help" me rinse by pouring water on Ellie's back. Then, Ellie goes onto her laid out towels and we do lotion and jammies right there on the bathroom floor. Once she is warm and dressed, I wash Liv's hair and let her do her loofa with the baby wash on it. Once Liv has had enough washing and playing, I get her out and into her towel, brush her teeth, do her lotion and jammies, and then put her to bed. Once she is in bed, I give Ellie her last bottle of the night and she generally goes down then too.

It's a long process, but it's so much easier to me than it was when they were bathing seperately! I only do baths every other night, so before they were together I was alternating their days and doing a bath every night, which messed up our routine. I tried doing it on the same night but logistically with our routine it took hours and was too stressful. I also am using less water and they are getting some bonding time together in the tub.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Joe and Ashley ~ June 16, 2007 ~ Olivia Rae ~ May 12, 2008 ~ 9:06 pm ~ 8lbs 4oz ~ 20.5 inches ~ Miscarriage of twins ~ April 16, 2009 at 6 weeks. ~ Surprise BFP 6/23/09 13DPO ~ Eleanor Rose ~ February 18, 2010 ~ 6lbs 15oz ~ 20 inches ~ Caroline Ruth ~ February 19, 2013 ~ 6lbs 12 oz ~ 19 1/4 inches

Our family is complete!

• Options

I do!

I HATE that infant bathtub with a passion. I basically just lean over the tub w/Maeve while Mo splashes on the other side. Mo sometimes helps me out washing her back. Once she's done, I get her changed in the bathroom while Mo plays some more. While Maeve can sit independently out of the tub, she isn't quite ready to do it in. I can't wait though until I can just toss them both in!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"