South Florida Babies

Pasta Station Party Catering

If I end up hosting it at home, I envisioned providing dinner via a self-serve pasta station (buffet style).  I went to a party a while back that had one, and it was amazing.  Basically, the "chefs" prepare your meal to order (lots of different options on types of pasta, sauce, ingredients) buffett style. 

Anyone use a catering company like this they would recommend?  I did a google search and didn't find anyone! 

THANKS

-- Jackie
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Pasta Station Party Catering

• Great idea! I just googled pasta catering in Miami and this was one of the first links that showed up:

https://www.tastemrpasta.com/index.php

I have no idea if it's any good, but it sounds interesting! Could you ask the hosts of the party you attended who they used? I'm sure they'd be flattered you enjoyed it so much!

• I saw that one, thanks!

Honestly, I have no idea who's party it was... it was like 4-5 yrs ago.  LOL

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • just a thought...to cut on costs you can order from pasta factory or something and have people serve themselves. if you're worried about cost this will definitely cut down.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Eve - that's def an option.  Just want to get different quotes to see which works best.
    -- Jackie
  • cool! whoever is helping out can help with the side items, like salads, breadsticks etc so you cut down on costs also. we're doing brunch so everything is breakfast/early lunch type of foods...super low on cost.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would contact caterers and ask them for quotes on doing a pasta station,  don't know that there is a big enough market for that kind of thing that you will find companies that specialize in it. 

Call a few not-so-pricey caterers and ask them. 

image image

• imageCesEve99:
    cool! whoever is helping out can help with the side items, like salads, breadsticks etc so you cut down on costs also. we're doing brunch so everything is breakfast/early lunch type of foods...super low on cost.

SIL's last shower was like this... we offered breakfast food, as well as some light lunch items.  We prepared the food at my house (I have a very spacious kitchen).  It turned out awesome.

For the tea sandwiches and scones, we had them cut out w/ cookie cutters in shape of baby items (ie, rattle, bottle, bear)... cousin bought the cutters on ebay for real cheap.  We cut a watermelon in half (with a nice edge) and emptied it, and used it for the fruit bowl - looked awesome.  We also made bite sized french toasts as well as a few tortillas cut to bit size pieces.

It was def economical and turned out real nice!  GL!

-- Jackie
  • Jackie, we used https://www.pastaparty.tv for our office Holiday Party two years ago and they were great. Very yummy! GL!

imageimage

Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Have you ever heard of a place called Bruschetta & Co?  They host events.  I personally have never been but a friend of a friend (i know real reputable-LOL) had a bridal shower there and they had over 100 people.  She said the packages started around 17 per person.. Im not sure what your budget or if that is even an option..

Personally I think it would be cheaper to have it at your house and just cater food in or if you have a friend that lives where a clubhouse can be rented..

Im not much help I don't live in miami, but you got me all teary-eyed in your other post my parents had their engagement dinner at the rusty pelican over 30 years ago.. :)  

• imageEliStar:
    Jackie, we used https://www.pastaparty.tv for our office Holiday Party two years ago and they were great. Very yummy! GL!

I saw their site!  It looked nice.  I got down their info to call.  Great to know.

-- Jackie
  • imageLizC78:

Have you ever heard of a place called Bruschetta & Co?  They host events.  I personally have never been but a friend of a friend (i know real reputable-LOL) had a bridal shower there and they had over 100 people.  She said the packages started around 17 per person.. Im not sure what your budget or if that is even an option..

Personally I think it would be cheaper to have it at your house and just cater food in or if you have a friend that lives where a clubhouse can be rented..

Im not much help I don't live in miami, but you got me all teary-eyed in your other post my parents had their engagement dinner at the rusty pelican over 30 years ago.. :)  

Thanks for the rec... I'll look into it.  I think the house idea is the most economical, but want to price everything out before deciding.

My mom had her shower for me at the Rusty Pelican, and she wants me to host it there!  LOL  That would be very cool, but way $$

-- Jackie
  • imagecocojack10:
    imageLizC78:

Have you ever heard of a place called Bruschetta & Co?  They host events.  I personally have never been but a friend of a friend (i know real reputable-LOL) had a bridal shower there and they had over 100 people.  She said the packages started around 17 per person.. Im not sure what your budget or if that is even an option..

Thanks for the rec... I'll look into it.  I think the house idea is the most economical, but want to price everything out before deciding.

My mom had her shower for me at the Rusty Pelican, and she wants me to host it there!  LOL  That would be very cool, but way $$

My bridal shower was at Bruschetta & Co.  It was very economical and the food is good.  But, I had a couple of complaints - time limit, didn't get to open gifts there, some games were too rowdy for the quiet crowd at the restaurant.   
  • imagecocojack10:

imageEliStar:
    Jackie, we used https://www.pastaparty.tv for our office Holiday Party two years ago and they were great. Very yummy! GL!

I saw their site!  It looked nice.  I got down their info to call.  Great to know.

I used them for Nadias Baptism & it was awesome!!!!! Pictures are on my fb. They did the entire setup- tent, tables, chairs, tableware, etc! Loved them!
  • imageMariM:
    imagecocojack10:

imageEliStar:

I used them for Nadias Baptism & it was awesome!!!!! Pictures are on my fb. They did the entire setup- tent, tables, chairs, tableware, etc! Loved them!

Love recommendations!  Thanks Mari.

-- Jackie
  • Jacky keep us posted, we are thinking of doing this route. For all of our parties we usually cater/cook cuban food and we want to cater/cook something different for the baby shower.

What do you have in mind for the menu?

My Blog: One Project at a Time Blog

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Chart
    CP 05/09
    BFP on 7/26/09 - M/C 8/13/09 @ 7 Wks
    BFP on 10/28/09 - M/C 11/9/09 @ 5 Wks 2 Days
    1/25/10 - RPL results everything normal but have low Progesterone
    BFP on 06/09/10 - EDD 02/20/2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards