Two Under 2
Options

repeat c-section

I'm having a second c-section (was induced on my due date with DD) and ended up w/ a c-section after 20 hours of labor. My second c-section will be scheduled at 39.5 weeks.

For those of you who have had a 2nd c-section, did you make it to the scheduled date, or did you go into labor before reaching that date? I know anything is possible, I'm just curious as to what others have experienced.  

Mama to 4 kids: girl 2009, boy 2010, girl 2012, boy 2014

www.herenowus.com

Re: repeat c-section

• Options

I thought I was in labor on the 25th (Christmas morning) but made it to my scheduled section on the 27th at exactly 39 weeks.

39.5 weeks may be pushing it!  I was having pretty heavy contractions while waiting for my surgery so I don't think I would have made it much longer. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options
    1st c/s was at 39w4d, it was scheduled.  2nd c/s was at 38w6d, also scheduled, no problem making it to that date - I'd had no progress at all.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was scheduled for a repeat at 38w6d.  Went into labor at 38w3d but didn't call my doctor (I didn't believe I was in labor, I thought I just didn't feel good) until the next day so he was born at 38w4d.

Too bad too - he was scheduled for a birthday on 7-8-09.  Ended up sharing a birthday with my dad on 7-6-09! 

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

I made it to my date ALL 3 times. DD#1 was scheduled at 39w5d and DD#2 and DS were scheduled at 39w3d.........

I've never been in labor, no water breaking, no BH contractions, etc. 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    my 2nd was 39w2d and I had no issues making it. First was 38w4d and no trouble that one either
  • Options

I actually went into PTL at 35.5 weeks. I was put on meds until 37 weeks and went into labor again at 37w 6d. I was allowed to labor for 4 hours at the hospital before they wheeled me into surgery, I'm pretty sure this was just because of scheduling and not because they wanted to let me labor. Smile

It was exactly what I wanted. I was also induced with my first and it also failed resulting in a c/s, so I didn't get to experience real labor. With Ellie, I was able to experience real contractions and their progression, which was awesome. The PTL was scary, but the real thing was actually kind of refreshing. It was nice to know my body actually knew what to do!

My Dr said that I was at increased risk for going into labor before my due date because the girls were so close (21 months). She said with the body having so little time to recouperate in between pregnancies, it's more likely to evict the baby sooner. Ellie was also considerably smaller than Liv, about 1.5 lbs and 1" at birth. She's been perfectly healthy, however. BUT, no one can tell you what your body is going to do of course. It's nice that your Dr is letting you go to 39.5 weeks before doing the c/s, at least you know baby will be as developed as possible. I always cringe when Drs try to take the babies before 39 weeks, it's just not right IMO. OK, tangent over sorry! Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Joe and Ashley ~ June 16, 2007 ~ Olivia Rae ~ May 12, 2008 ~ 9:06 pm ~ 8lbs 4oz ~ 20.5 inches ~ Miscarriage of twins ~ April 16, 2009 at 6 weeks. ~ Surprise BFP 6/23/09 13DPO ~ Eleanor Rose ~ February 18, 2010 ~ 6lbs 15oz ~ 20 inches ~ Caroline Ruth ~ February 19, 2013 ~ 6lbs 12 oz ~ 19 1/4 inches

Our family is complete!

• Options

I went into labor naturally w/DD 1. She did not tolerate contractions and so they performed a c. That was 8 days early. With DD 2, we have a repeat c scheduled for 39wk. 1 day. She was impatient however and I went into labor two days before. What really sucked was since I wasn't deemed an emergency I kept getting bumped from the OR's for other c-secs.

In the end, with both c-secs, I ended up laboring until 4-5 cms. NOT FUN! I tell you if we decide to go for kid 3, we'll be scheduling the repeat c 38wk 7d. There is NO WAY I want to labor again!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"