New Mexico Babies

Traveling with baby (going well)

Just thought this board needed a new post  ;)

Last month we drove up to Denver/Boulder with DS (a little over 5 months) and he slept most of the ride up which was great.  Surprisingly he slept well in the PnP.  We walked the Bolder Boulder 10k while there (with a group of baby wearers) which was exciting.

This month (DS is 6 months) we headed to Maine for a course for work I do every other year.  DH watched DS in the hotel room while I was gone (not more than 6 hours at a time).  Then we headed down to Boston to visit family.  We've had a couple of nights of really bad sleep, but in general he has done well.  We went to the Boston aquarium and he loved staring at the fish.

We traveled both times using our cloth diapers.  I was able to pump enough for DS to have a bottle while I was at class.

How is everyone's summer going?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Traveling with baby (going well)

• Glad to hear your travels went well!  We have taken Luke on several trips as well and it has gone pretty smoothly everytime. 

We have been busy getting ready for baby #2 and work has been really busy too. We have a busy weekend coming up for 4th of July, but after that we are laying low until baby gets here. I can't wait for maternity leave!

• imagemarta602:

Glad to hear your travels went well!  We have taken Luke on several trips as well and it has gone pretty smoothly everytime. 

We have been busy getting ready for baby #2 and work has been really busy too. We have a busy weekend coming up for 4th of July, but after that we are laying low until baby gets here. I can't wait for maternity leave!

Will Luke be staying home with you while you are on maternity leave for #2?

• Loading the player...
  • Thats awesome that you used cloth throughout your travels! What kind do you use? I know this a little cart before horse... but DH and I are looking at cloth diapering.
    Started Dating 12/7/01
    Married 6/6/09
    DS 5/11/11
    DD 9/13/13

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Had I lurked I would have seen you use Fuzzibunz... and Marta - BumGenius

When I tell most people that we are going to do cloth diapering (or gDiapers) they give me weird looks, guess they are just not as popular in some areas.

Started Dating 12/7/01
    Married 6/6/09
    DS 5/11/11
    DD 9/13/13

• Yes we are Fuzzibunz fans here, mostly because we like the snaps over velcro and I think that they look nicer without all the snaps down the front.  We recently got a couple of Rumparooz and I actually really like them so far.

I've found a LOT of people that cloth diaper.  I think half of the ladies at La Leche League do, so when you get to that point that may be a good group for you to explore.

Good luck conceiving!  Feel free to ask anything you want  Big Smile

imageCassondra09:

Had I lurked I would have seen you use Fuzzibunz... and Marta - BumGenius

When I tell most people that we are going to do cloth diapering (or gDiapers) they give me weird looks, guess they are just not as popular in some areas.

• We unfortunately don't have a LLL in Farmington, a friend/co-worker of mine has just recently started a mother's breastfeeding group and its is very slowly getting off the ground. Besides that we don't have much here. I work as an RN in the childbirth center at the hospital, but no one else cloth diapers. I have faith that someone else in the city has to haha Just a matter of finding them!

Started Dating 12/7/01
    Married 6/6/09
    DS 5/11/11
    DD 9/13/13

• Luke just started preschool 2 mornings a week, so he will keep going to that.  My mom and MIL take him on Monday/Wednesday mornings now and that will probably continue too.  I don't want to mess up his schedule too much and I'm thinking I will enjoy a little time alone with "new" baby.

I have to agree with you about the snaps vs Velcro on the BG.  I'm just getting around to replacing all my laundry tabs on my BG's.  Although they just came out with the 4.0 version which is available in snaps, so I might order some of those too.  CDing is a little addicting!

• imagemarta602:

I have to agree with you about the snaps vs Velcro on the BG.  I'm just getting around to replacing all my laundry tabs on my BG's.  Although they just came out with the 4.0 version which is available in snaps, so I might order some of those too.  CDing is a little addicting!

I saw these, they look nice.  I have almost enough diapers for two babies, so I'm trying not to buy any more.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"