Multiples
Options

My mom is freaked!

My mother is so worried about my pregnancy. I am 9w 5d with my 2 bundles and so far I have been fine for the most part. I have a ten year old daughter with autism. My mom is worring about bed rest and hospitalization.  I am trying to stay positive but it is hard.  I had no problems with my previous preg. What can I say to ease her and my mind....Thanks
Wonderful daughter born 10/99. Diagnosed autistic/ epileptic. Non- verbal. /////Twins! Born 11/10 @ 29 weeks. 71/2 week NICU stay! Bring on the fun!

Re: My mom is freaked!

• Options
    Bed rest and hospitalization are common with multiple pregnancies, so I guess let your mom know that you'll educate yourself, follow your doctor's advice, and prepare for all scenarios. 
  • Options
    Thanks that is what I have been telling her and myself but it helps to hear it from someone impartial. Thanks again.
    Wonderful daughter born 10/99. Diagnosed autistic/ epileptic. Non- verbal. /////Twins! Born 11/10 @ 29 weeks. 71/2 week NICU stay! Bring on the fun!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not everyone has a complicated pregnancy that results in bedrest or hospital stays. Yeah the chances are increased for MoM's but try to re-assure her not everyone has to be on bedrest. There's lots of MoM's I've read that have worked up until the bitter end (kudos to you btw, ladies!) Tell Mom to take a deep breath -- she's only going to freak you out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    FWIW, I had a couple nights (one night at a time) in the hopsital because of early contractions but no extended stay and no bedrest.Everyone's different. There are plenty of people who have ni issues at all. I'm sorry she's stressing you out. It might be helpful to let her know she's doing so and that it's really not going to do anything to change anything except cause everyone unneccessary anxiety.
  • Options

Everyones story is different.... There are moms who go onto bedrest at 10 weeks, and others who deliver at 39 weeks without ever having bedrest or hospitalization, and none of us can predict which one we will be.  I thought for sure I'd be on bedrest eventually, but so far, so good.  

Perhaps your mother is thinking ahead to how you will take care of your 10 year old if you do need hosp/BR.  I think it is smart to start thinking of how you would manage and who you could ask to help you out.  This is do-able! This board is a great resource for advice from been-there-done-that-moms, so be sure to ask when you need it.  And try not to stress - you could easily be one of the lucky ones who don't need to face that situation! :) 

TTC Since 2007 M/C survivor twice in 2008 IVF twice at CCRM in 2009 TWIN BOYS born in July 2010 IVF again in 2011 BABY GIRL due August 2012
  • Options
    Thank you all for the post it is so nice to hear from other women who know!!!
  • Options
    FYI I was 30 years old when I got pregnant, 5'3" and 110 lbs. I gained 60 lbs while pregnant, and worked up until 34 weeks. No bedrest or hospitalization. Only reason that the twins were delivered at 35 1/2 weeks was that they were sharing a placenta and one twin was IUGR so the docs were concerned about the babies. However, I was physically fine. I think that if you're in good health, and your first pregnancy was uncomplicated, you don't have to worry so much, just take care of yourself and keep stress as low as possible.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"