Multiples
Options

Is 31 weeks too late for a birthing class?

August 7th is the next available day to sign up for a birthing class. I'll be 31 weeks. Am I going to make it? :)

Re: Is 31 weeks too late for a birthing class?

• Options

I went to a birthing class at 31 ish weeks.... i made it to 36 wks 6 days so it worked out well for me.  My only thought is depending on your hospital many multiples dont go through the same process. i was blessed my ob allowed me to birth in the labor room bu many hospitals will only let you do it in an OR.  I didnt feel like the class helped all that much.  but that was just my experience. 

If you will make it to 31 weeks no one knows.  how has the pregnancy been thus far?  if thats the only one go ahead and schedule it if you dont make it... IMO you arent missing much hahaha

• Options
    I went to one at 35 weeks because it was the only date available. TBH, I didn't get a lot out of it (it covered pretty familiar territory) but I think DH did, and having that extra knowledge helped him feel more confident when it was go time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't think it's too late as long as you will be up and mobile. My ob suggested we not take one before 32 weeks.  We signed up for one at 32 weeks and the day of the class we found out that our baby boy turned breech. I was sort of annoyed that I paid a bunch of money for a birthing class and now will almost certainly be delivering by c-section.  They did spend over an hour and 1/2 discussing c-section, so that was really helpful. I was the only one in class pregnant with twins but lots of women had questions about the procedure and recovery. I didn't get a lot out of the class but my husband did and thought it was useful.  
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies! So far the pregnancy has been going smoothly, but you never know what might come up and how I'll feel then! :) Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"