New York Babies

How much do you pay your nanny?

Just trying to set my expectations as I begin my search. Thanks.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How much do you pay your nanny?

• How are you even starting your search? I'm at a loss...I know there are agencies but I don't know which ones to trust!
  • $11 an hour
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageCityGirl07:
    How are you even starting your search? I'm at a loss...I know there are agencies but I don't know which ones to trust!

I'll probably post a Craigslist Ad. My understanding is that most nannies get paid under the table. If you go through an agency, then it costs more and you have to pay social security tax for them. I haven't started looking yet. My ideal situation would be a nanny share with someone in my building, so I'm going to start talking to pregnant women I see.

• It really depends on what kinda of experience you are looking for. We found ours on our own (she was with a coworker for 10+ years). She is older and is amazing with DD. We pay her a little over $16 an hour but she is on the books. We did the 1st year off but we both wanted to be able to clain on our taxes and also to get the childcare tax savings through work. In the end it works out to be about the same with pay taxes. I have heard on average for the city is about $15.00 but again it depends on if they are legal and want to file taxes or want to be off the books.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • delg23delg23 member
    Not getting a nanny but most of the ads on CL request 15$ an hour.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"