Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

And another poll

(have totally asked this before but there's lots of newbs!)

If you had to choose to lose either your sight or your hearing, which would it be and why?

Re: And another poll

• Options
    kje120kje120 member
    Hmmm - probably hearing. I couldn't imagine being in darkness for the rest of my life.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

This is one of the hardest questions to answer.

I think in the end, I would have to choose hearing because I can not imagine never seeing the faces of the people I love again.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hearing, because I think it's less debilitating day-to-day.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

imageimage
  • Options
    imageSarahL77:

This is one of the hardest questions to answer.

I think in the end, I would have to choose hearing because I can not imagine never seeing the faces of the people I love again.

Sarah is basically saying everything that I want to say today, so I am just going to follow her around and say ditto.  Big Smile

• Options
    This one's easy for me; I'm a musician!
  • Options
    Definitely my hearing! I wouldn't want to lose my sight. I dont have a real reason thats just my gut lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hearing for sure. I already have a jump start on sign language.

My Heart!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    hearing - I'm afraid of the dark...literally And there are so many more communication technologies for the deaf.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely hearing.  There is so much more you can experience in life through sight (seeing your BFP and new baby, for instance), plus it's more convenient to be able to see...you can get dressed and drive.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagesulfababy:

I knew it would be. This is part of the reason I struggle. I grew up with music. My father is a musician. Also, I love the sound of my husband's voice.

I'm glad I don't have to choose.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    Definitely hearing. I would miss my babies faces sooo much.
  • Options

imagesulfababy:

I'm not a musician, but I have a great love of music. Honestly, I can't imagine my life without being able to hear music.

Proud Doxie Mommy

TTC #1 since Sept. 2009 - DX unexplained IF March 2011 - "Surprise" BFP March 2012
    DS born via c-section 11/17/12
    TTC #2 (or, not TTA) Nov. 2013
    BFP #2 8/22/14, Missed M/C 6w2d, Discovered 7w4d/Official 8w6d, D&C 9/27/14
  • Options

imagesulfababy:

I'm not a musician, but I have a great love of music. Honestly, I can't imagine my life without being able to hear music.

Proud Doxie Mommy

TTC #1 since Sept. 2009 - DX unexplained IF March 2011 - "Surprise" BFP March 2012
  • Options

imagesulfababy:

Proud Doxie Mommy

• Options

imagesulfababy:

Proud Doxie Mommy

• Options
    Hearing.  I feel like if I couldn't see, life would be boring.  If I lost my hearing, I could still communicate with sign language.
  • Options
    I pick hearing. I think I could get by with my vision.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hearing.
    Potter the Wonder Doggie, and Todds_kid, Cooper :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Spirit of Power
    Eat, Drink, and be Keri
  • Options

Okay, I'm not going to go back and edit 3 posts for duplication, so I'm just going to say sorry for the duplicate posts.

Stupid sensitive laptop mouse.

Proud Doxie Mommy

• Options

Hearing...as much as I'd miss so many of the dearest sounds....you can learn to lip read....you can't see through your ears (not truly).

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options
    Hearing.
  • Options
    hearing!  I wouldn't be able to handle not seeing my family or beautiful scenery, famous places, my kid(s) and their big moments.  I could learn sign language.
  • Options
    hearing, I'm such a visual person. I'm not much of a music person (I've gone my 50 min. mile commute from work without the radio on without realizing it till I got home)
  • Options
    Hearing. I can learn sign language but I can't learn to see. I can't imagine not being able to see my amazing man and future children. Def hearing.
  • Options

I would pick sight (keep my sight, lose my hearing). I'm an artist and writer so vision is very important. I can't imagine not being able to see my DH or our future children. I also think it's much easier to function without hearing than without sight, not that either is easy by any means.

Edit:clarity

• Options

hearing for sure...

i dont listen most of the time anyway

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

• Options
    hearing ... i think being blind is dangerous!
  • Options

Hearing. I couldn't live without seeing...particularly phantom baby.

Plus, I could stand a little silence in my life!

• Options
    well I would choose hearing... but maybe because I've had to give this a lot of thought.  If I don't have surgery in the next 5 years or so I will in fact be blind or to the point that they wont make glasses for me anymore.  I've had glasses since preschool and losing my sight is a daily worry of mine :-/
  • Options

imagesulfababy:

Same here.

• Options
    I would have to go with hearing on this one. It seems there are more accommodations for hearing impaired people. I can't imagine not being able to see my phantom children's faces. I have hearing impaired cousins, and they live lives that are pretty close to normal. I have a visually impaired cousin, and she requires a lot more assistance than my hearing impaired cousins. I could still be a teacher if I were deaf, I'd just have to work with hearing impaired students I guess. I wonder about blind teachers?Confused I don't know how that would work out?!
  • Options
    My sight....I think I could better deal with this...Though it would be hard!
    <3 DCRider
    Baby girl due 1/22/14!

• Options
    This may sound weird. but, I've actually thought about this before. I would choose my hearing. I don't think I could get used to living without my sight.
    Three angel babies...I think it's time for a change
  • Options
    SC1977SC1977 member

I'd choose hearing. Either one is a bummer, but I'd miss the sight of flowers, sunsets, and my husband (not in that order, of course) more than sounds/voices/music.

Edited to add that as a bonus, I wouldn't have to listen to my SIL run her a-hole mouth off anymore. 

• Options
    Yup, hearing. I love to read, and a lot of noise annoys me.
    I'm a bird.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"