3rd Trimester
Options

Hoping to avoid MIL's birthday...

I know that sounds cruel and unusual, but DH and I agree it would be best if DS came on his own special day.  MIL has a knack of talking about things over, and over, and over, and over again.  After DD was born, I had to hear every.single.time x 100 how much DD looked like DH.  It gets old after a while (even if it might have been somewhat true) and I don't feel like hearing her talk about DS having her birthday for the next 30+ years.  So baby boy, after midnight you have 24-hours to stay put!  :) 

Anyone else avoiding or hoping to have LO on a certain day?  

Re: Hoping to avoid MIL's birthday...

• Options

I'm hoping to avoid having the baby on my bday which is the week before edd.  Like you I want LO to have his/her own special day.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My due date is 7/27 and my biological father's birthday is 7/25. I have no relationship with him, and things between us are very bad. He is not a father at all, more of sperm donor I guess. I would hate to have LO's birthday be the same as his. LO would never know because my step dad is basically my father, I call him dad, and he will be grandpa... but I would know and it makes my skin crawl thinking about it.

I'm hoping to have an outside baby by the middle of the month anyways, but if he does decide to hang out until the end of July he is NOT allowed to come on 7/25. I will clamp my legs closed like you wouldn't believe if he even tries anything! lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    smerkasmerka member
    Yep.  My due date is September 11th.  I know that his generation won't feel the same about it as mine (kind of like D-Day with my grandparents) but it seems weird to celebrate on that day.
  • Options
    I'm with you.  (do we share the same MIL?)  Her birthday is Friday (July 2). It's looking like we'll be safe but you never know.
  • Options

I have zero progress right now, so it's not going to happen, but I was hoping to avoid the 4th.  I'd hate to have to explain to a kid someday that those fireworks and all those people hanging out aren't necessarily for his birthday.

Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • Options

Yep, hoping to avoid July 4th (very spoiled cousin's birhtday) July 7th (my mother's birthday) and july 9th (DH's uncle's birthday)

I'll deal with it if it happens on the 4th. I barely speak to that cousin so the most I'll have to put up with is my grandparents talking about it. I DO NOT want baby born on my mother's birthday- there's already two birthdays and one wedding anniversery on that day, not to mention my mother will always bring up how the baby is her 'birthday present' if he's born that day. DH's uncle wouldn't make a big deal of LO arriving on the 9th, but his wife would, and she's the aunt that drives me nuts.

• Options
    We are actually hoping for this friday, which while she would be a little early (my ticker is off by a week, fyi- she's due 7/18), it will be my grandmother's birthday who died of cancer this march that DD is named after, and also DH is getting ready to deploy a few days before her actual due date. So any of you with labor dust to spare, we had an u/s and appt today and she is plenty big and completely healthy, she is taking her sweet time making her way out, and time is something daddy just doesnt have :-(
  • Options

July is a disaster for me. We have wedding anniversaries on the 3rd, 4th and 11th, and birthdays on the 12th, 19th, 22nd, and 26th. Not to mention I don't like 5's (yes it's highly irrational) so I'd like to avoid the 5th and 15th.

• Options
    I'm due September 19th and it would be nice if I didn't have him on September 11th, but I guess it would make something positive out of a horrible day otherwise.
  • Options
    I was hoping to avoid the first week in July altogether and deliver either yesterday or today. I don't want DD having July 4th as a birthday and I really don't want to deliver tomorrow since July 1rst is the first day of the new residency year and there will be new interns starting their first day on the job and I don't want to be their first delivery!!
  • Options
    I'm hoping to not have LO on my MIL, FIL or SIL birthday (all within 3 days of each other...please baby do not come early).
  • Options

Funny.  MIL's bday is July 1 and I am terrified of having the baby on her bday.  I have dilated, effacing, and doctor stripped my membranes earlier this week and I have been having a ton of contractions.  Stay put until Friday baby!

• Options
    imagePubStar09:

I have zero progress right now, so it's not going to happen, but I was hoping to avoid the 4th.  I'd hate to have to explain to a kid someday that those fireworks and all those people hanging out aren't necessarily for his birthday.

LOL.  DH is hoping DS is born on July 4th b/c its his favorite holiday of the year.  He says we should exchange gifts on 4th of July more so than on Christmas.   Confused

• Options
    July 31. SIL's 21st birthday. She has stated many times that she does not want the baby to overshadow her! Neither do I- I want her to have her princess day so my baby can have her own day.
  • Options
    Yup!  I was thinking the same exact thing.  My MIL's bday was June 13, which would have been about 37 1/2 weeks for me (when my first son was born).  Thankfully we have waaaay passed it.  We never would have heard the end of it if they had the same birthday.  Ugh... I understand your concern.  Keep your legs crossed!  Ha.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i would like to request july 3rd or 8th but i don't think LO got the memo  :)
  • Options
    LO is due September 9th, but I absolutely want to avoid September 11th. Its a sad day for our country to start with, but its also DH's daughter's birthday.(She was stillborn 6 years ago) The doctor originally gave us a Sept. 11 due date, and DH about passed out right there. When LO was measuring a couple of days ahead, my Dr. had no problems changing the due date in my chart.
  • Options

Im due August 19th. There are few dates in August I want to avoid. the 1st- my bday the 7th- my brothers bday

actually wanna avoid my EDD because its someones birthday and I want LO to have her own day. I totally understand.

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    understandable...considering Kennedy is my first I would love for her to have her own birthday!! Of course we have like 5birthdays in the begingin of July so if I can go before Sunday that would be great!! July 4th would be fun but its my aunts birthday and she makes a big deal every year at the picinic!! Dont need her taking my daughthers day!! haha LETS SEND LOTS OF LABOR DUST FOR US ALL TO HAVE THESE BABIES SOON AND HAVE THEIR VERY OWN DAY!!!Cake
  • Options
    cylynncylynn member
    I tried, it didn't work.  DD has my birthday.  This child doesn't have anything to worry about there is no important dates to skip.  
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I still have a bit, but I completely know what you mean.  My little girl is due the 6th of September and my sisters birthday is the 10th and I'm hoping that she comes before or on her due date.  I'm the same way I want our daughter to have her own special day and not have to share it with someone else.
  • Options

imagezomgpmngl:
    My due date is 7/27 and my biological father's birthday is 7/25. I have no relationship with him, and things between us are very bad. He is not a father at all, more of sperm donor I guess. I would hate to have LO's birthday be the same as his. LO would never know because my step dad is basically my father, I call him dad, and he will be grandpa... but I would know and it makes my skin crawl thinking about it.

I'm hoping to have an outside baby by the middle of the month anyways, but if he does decide to hang out until the end of July he is NOT allowed to come on 7/25. I will clamp my legs closed like you wouldn't believe if he even tries anything! lol.

This is me exactly!!  Except my biological father's bday is this friday and my edd is the 18th.  Doctor is predicting her to come 2 weeks early though.  We're going to the canada day fireworks tomorrow and I told my mom that I was hoping to scare her out.  My mom said "Don't you know what friday is?"  I didn't even know it's his bday.  I as well will be clamping my legs shut all day friday!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just want to say that my BIL, FIL, and Grandmother-in-law all have the exact same birthday! I really don't think that any of them feel like they are missing out on something because they share the same day... plus it IS pretty cool that 3 generations all share the same milestone!
  • Options
    I want to request 8-9-10 because I think that would be neat.  DS was two days late, and 8-9-10 is two days after my due date this time.  There are family birthdays prior to the due date, but those people don't bother me.
  • Options
    My due date is July 18. The ex bf I dated right before DH had a July 17 birthday. I am hoping LO avoids that day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I'm due August 23rd.  My FILs Birthday is the 15th and my BILs birthday is the 30th.  My BIL already made it clear to me that he "isn't sharing his birthday."  So I hope she doesn't come on either of their birthday's because heaven forbid if they have to share. 

And now my BIL and his wife are expecting their first child December 28th...I hope they don't have it on Christmas because I'm totally not sharing that holiday.  Stick out tongue

DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I am in the same boat! My due date is 8/2 - which is exactly one week after my birthday of 7/26 and 6 days after my MIL's which is 7/27. I joke that I will do anything and everything do keep her in so that she doesnt make her appearance on the 27th. Its ok to hang upside down for 24 hours, right? Wink
  • Options
    I'm due September 30th,doc has predicted 2-3 weeks early due to health issues I have,so I'm hoping to avoid september 11th and september 15th(SILs birthday)and September 19th(our anniversary and my grandfather's birthday).Here's hoping!

Lilypie - (yNYF)

Lilypie - (bSes)

T1 diabetes diagnosed 11/95 due to severe pancreatic injury
    BFP 1 1/22/10 EDD 9/30/10 Adria b. 9/11/10 d.8/9/11, Transposition of the Great Arteries,
    Pleural effusion, Kidney Failure
    BFP 2 4/26/12 EDD 1/3/13 M/C 5/13/12
    BFP 3 10/3/12 EDD 6/17/13 Twins! Preston and Juliet b. 5/22/13

• Options
    My due date 8-9-10 (which i think is cool anyways) is DH's grandpa's birthday & 9 days before that, is my grandpa's birthday. I'm actually hoping he comes one of those 2 days. I think it would be cool to share with one of them.
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"