High-Risk Pregnancy

lower pain

Please forgive me for being naive but this is my first pregnancy and im not sure what is normal and what isnt.  I have been having decent pain in my lower pelvic area below my belly button and a little above my hips.  It goes from right side to left side.  It sometimes gets worse when i get up regardless how fast or slow i get up from a sitting position.  Also when i walk a decent it hurts to bad i have to stop.  It was bad enough (on the right side) the other night it woke me up from a dead sleep.  I swear i screamed but my husband wasnt home so im not sure.  I drink water like its going out of style.  I lay on my left side and use a C-shaped prego pillow (LOVE IT).  Any suggestions??  I go to see my dr july 12th.  Im not sure if i should contact them now or just wait.  Thanks so much.

Re: lower pain

• It sounds like round ligament pain to me. If that's the case, nothing to worry about, it's normal. If you are worried though, it never hurts to call your doctor to confirm. That's what they are there for.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree that it sounds like round ligament pain. My chiropractor has been helping me stretch my round ligament. She finds the ligament and presses on it to stretch it. It's tender when she first pushes on it, but it starts loosening up. Since she's been doing this I haven't had pain when I stand up.

Regardless, you can always call your doc. They will probably ask if you have any spotting and if you've been drinking enough fluids.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"