Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Interesting/challenging toys? Suggestions?

Hi Everyone,

This is the first time posting on this board :)

My daughter is almost 15 months, and is into everything... she literally will sit for maybe three minutes all day (normal? or no?), except when I take her for a walk, and she sits in her stroller and then points to everything. I just bought a toddler book and read that... kids like this may need more stimulating toys.

Any thoughts or ideas? anything with lots of buttons, and sides, that is still safe?

Re: Interesting/challenging toys? Suggestions?

• DS is 15 months as well.  And everything you describe is normal. ;)

He likes:

Home  He can play with this for about 30 minutes before he gets bored.  It has TONS of things on it.  He loves opening and closing the door.

Car  He loves to climb all over this thing.  And of course, opening and closing the door.  He laso like to push it around.

Water table  He loves taking cups and spilling the water on himself.

He also likes books that have things to "feel" on them. 

He likes trucks and rolls them on the floor and says vroom.

He likes to drag things.  I gave him a laundry basket and looped an old belt thru one of the holes and he drags it around and puts things in it.

He also likes balls.  At the risk of sounding as if I treat him like a dog, he likes to "fetch" it and bring it to me after I throw it. ;)

I really want to get him a Buckleboo since he is in love with clasps and buckes.

We also gave him a broken Blackberry phone and he loves to push the buttons and "talk" on it.

He has a Discovery Kids tent and tunnel.  he used to be scared of it and know he loves to play peekaboo in it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you, VERY helpful.
  • Loading the player...
  • It's very normal for a 15 month old to not do anything more than 3 minutes - they don't have the world's best attention spans ;-)

IMO the most stimulating/challenging toys are simple ones - blocks, containers, wooden puzzles, etc.  Kiddo has the most fun collecting items in a bag or on his little cart or pouring water in and out of containers in the back yard - simple things make their minds work harder than "fancy" toys that do all the work for them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"