Washington Babies
Options

Creating Infertility Check-in?

I'm thinking about starting a check-in for those women who are dealing with infertility issues. I know there aren't a ton of us, but I feel like I've seen a few names pop up here and there. We could do an update of where we're at in the process, bounce ideas off of each other, ask questions, vent, etc. I'm thinking we would only do the check-in once or twice a month, because let's face it, there's a lot of waiting around when you're dealing with infertility. Is anyone interested in joining? Your thoughts on the process or how many check-ins should happen every month? (Also, if you think it's a lousy idea, I'm fine with constructive criticism as well! I haven't been able to decide if this is a good idea or not and/or if there's enough people to make this worthwhile. But I thought I would at least put it out there for feedback.)

Photobucket  image
Married: December 2005 ~ Started TTC: December 2008 ~ DH: 33, Me: 30
Diagnosis: severe MFI, late ovulation, short LP, DOR
Only option is IVF/ICIS. Waited several years before treatment because we're OOP.
IVF/ICIS #1 in June 2012 (Protocol: Long Lupron). Stims: 6/17/12, ER: 6/30/12 (6R, 5M, 4F), ET: 7/5/12 (1 4AA embryo transferred, 0 made it to freeze) ~ Beta#1: 7/14/12 - 55, Beta#2: 7/16/12 - 100, Beta#3: 7/18/12 - 199 ~ Limbo for weeks, finally confirmed pregnancy not viable: 8/13/12 ~ D&C: 8/17/12 
Varicocele Surgery: October 2012 (long break to wait for results, no change) 
Changed clinics: February 2013 
IVF/ICIS Attempt #2 in April 2013 (Protocol: Antagonist). Stims: 4/12/13, Cycle Cancelled: 4/17/13 for poor follicle response and low E2 rise. 
IVF/ICIS Attempt #3 in May 2013 (Protocol: LEAP) Cycle Cancelled: 5/20/13 at suppression check due to cyst
IVF/ICIS Attempt #4 in July 2013 (Protocol: LEAP). Stims: 7/20/13, ER: 8/1/13 (12R, 11M, 9F), ET: 8/6/13 (3 fair embryos transferred, 0 made it to freeze) ~ Beta#1: 8/15/13 - 86, Beta#2: 8/18/13 - 390.6, Ultrasound: 9/3/13 - TWO HEARTBEATS! 

Re: Creating Infertility Check-in?

• Options

I'd love that.  I often feel displaced on this board, and it would be great to have an avenue to feel more connected.  Great idea!!

I agree, once a month for check ins would be good.  But I also think we can be more vocal on here as a group.  There's no reason why we can't have T-TTC threads here too. 

Married ~ August 5, 2006 I Welcomed our baby girl March 16, 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wish there would've been something like this when I was going through IF.  I didn't really start posting on the board until I started IVF because I felt out of place.  I think it's a good idea..and those of us who've been through it could add feedback/answer questions :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

image*Bloom2be*:
    I wish there would've been something like this when I was going through IF.  I didn't really start posting on the board until I started IVF because I felt out of place.  I think it's a good idea..and those of us who've been through it could add feedback/answer questions :)

Same here - I didn't want to post until after my BFP, and frankly, I felt as if I wasn't to the point of the TTC battle to really post much on the TTC board.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm interested!  I used to go on T-TTC back when we were TTC'ing for DS but it got so overwhelming.  I'd love to have discussions with ladies on here whom I "know" and won't judge or flame.  Big Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I'd be interested, too, K!  I think once/mo sounds good since there really is a lot of waiting.  The one issue may be that people doing IUI or IVF may not get the full benefit.  We could post at the start of the cycle and be done, or nearly done, by the next check-in, without getting to post about it in between.

That's not necessarily a good reason to bump it up to 2x/mo, though.  I'd join in either way.  I think some IF threads, now and then, would be great, too.  There are a number of us dealing with this and feeling a little out of place when posting about TTC here.

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • Options
    I'm completely interested since I don't get much response from the national boards, and I am a little out of place. I have DD, no problems, and now I have a diagnosis and stumped about what to do about it. Plus there are girls who have gone through it here, and they could definately help us out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I would love to join!

Weird, you read my mind about IF check-in. I was thinking about it yesterday but I wanted to really think about what I was going to post. Glad you did it. :)

TTC #2 since Sept '16
    My Chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28017b
    TTC #1- 3 failed rounds of Clomid/ Surprise Natural BFP w/weight loss- 9/22/11 DD 5/12
    DX. Dec '09 w/ Inappropriate LH Secretion Syndrom/PCOS/ Anov 28 months
    (Former username: xxbblueangelxx)
  • Options
    I can also add a T-TTC board on the "private" board. I know a lot of people aren't using the other board, but you may come to like it, especially for a topic for this. I want to be inclusive and I didn't want to leave anyone one.
  • Options
    Yay! Positive response. I'm thinking we could start with 1 post a month, but if someone is going through a particular treatment, we shouldn't be afraid to have more informal weekly check-ins to support her and find out her status.

I'll try to put smething together tonight to start us off. I'm always open to suggestions or changes. So dont be afraid to chime in with thoughts about how to make it better for us.

Photobucket  image
    Married: December 2005 ~ Started TTC: December 2008 ~ DH: 33, Me: 30
    Diagnosis: severe MFI, late ovulation, short LP, DOR
    Only option is IVF/ICIS. Waited several years before treatment because we're OOP.
    IVF/ICIS #1 in June 2012 (Protocol: Long Lupron). Stims: 6/17/12, ER: 6/30/12 (6R, 5M, 4F), ET: 7/5/12 (1 4AA embryo transferred, 0 made it to freeze) ~ Beta#1: 7/14/12 - 55, Beta#2: 7/16/12 - 100, Beta#3: 7/18/12 - 199 ~ Limbo for weeks, finally confirmed pregnancy not viable: 8/13/12 ~ D&C: 8/17/12 
    Varicocele Surgery: October 2012 (long break to wait for results, no change) 
    Changed clinics: February 2013 
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #2 in April 2013 (Protocol: Antagonist). Stims: 4/12/13, Cycle Cancelled: 4/17/13 for poor follicle response and low E2 rise. 
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #3 in May 2013 (Protocol: LEAP) Cycle Cancelled: 5/20/13 at suppression check due to cyst
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #4 in July 2013 (Protocol: LEAP). Stims: 7/20/13, ER: 8/1/13 (12R, 11M, 9F), ET: 8/6/13 (3 fair embryos transferred, 0 made it to freeze) ~ Beta#1: 8/15/13 - 86, Beta#2: 8/18/13 - 390.6, Ultrasound: 9/3/13 - TWO HEARTBEATS! 

• Options
    I think this is a great idea!  I always felt kinda alone on this board in regards to IF.  Just let me know if I can respond to questions even after my BFP!  And if anyone has MFI I am here for you!!!
    DH-NOA confirmed with TESE, ME-Unexplained After 1 Miscarriage, 6 IUI's, our little miracles are here. Proud Parents of Twins. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    We're Finally Three
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"