Georgia Babies

Need book recs

I haven't read a book for pleasure in forever.  Any recommendations?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need book recs

• Got tons!!

The Help by Kathryn Stockett, The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff, Look Again by Lisa Scottoline, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See, The Girl  with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larrson (hard to get into, but if you stick with it a great book! Also it is the first book in a trilogy, so if you like it there are two more.)

Bringing Home the Birkin by Michael Tonnello,

Moloka'i or Honolulu--both by Alan Brennert and two of my favorite books! Still Alice by Lisa Genova--excellent book, but it is about Alzheimer's, so not good if you are looking for a light read. 

Loving Frank by Nancy Horan

Any of Chelsea Handler's books are funny.  Also, I love Jenn Lancaster's book--they are very funny.  First one is BItter is the New Black.

Hope some of those sound good!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageseasidebride05:

Also, I love Jenn Lancaster's book--they are very funny.  First one is BItter is the New Black.

I'm finally working my way through these since all you guys made such a big deal about her- OMG, these are so funny.  And ummm, I can so relate to her Target addiction.  I've been telling people to start with Bright Lights Big Ass b/c I thought it was better than Bitter is the New Black but if you like to go in order, then start with Bitter. 

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks!  I'm going to check some of those out.  I'm looking for light reads, mostly for the beach and bedtime.
  • imageally-cat:
    Thanks!  I'm going to check some of those out.  I'm looking for light reads, mostly for the beach and bedtime.

In that case, stick with Jenn Lancaster...a lot of those are heavier books!

Also, Mary Kay Andrews books are really good beach reads and the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich--starts with One For the Money.

• imageslwprincess:
    imageseasidebride05:

Also, I love Jenn Lancaster's book--they are very funny.  First one is BItter is the New Black.

I'm finally working my way through these since all you guys made such a big deal about her- OMG, these are so funny.  And ummm, I can so relate to her Target addiction.  I've been telling people to start with Bright Lights Big Ass b/c I thought it was better than Bitter is the New Black but if you like to go in order, then start with Bitter. 

Aren't they the best?  I am sure you can very easily relate to her Target addiction! Wink

• GTJessGTJess member

Her blog is also hilarious!

https://www.jennsylvania.com/

be sure to check out her spoof of New Moon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I loved the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo...loved. It's more mystery, and less fluff, but I tend to like those a lot, even as "lighter" reading.  I will second the recommendation for the Janet Evanovich series - seriously find myself laughing out loud at every.single.one of them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I tritto everyone with Jenn Lancaster. You just can't go wrong. She's witty and hilarious.

Another good one is Celia Rivenbark. I've read Bless Your Heart, Tramp and You Can't Drink All Day If You Don't Start In The Morning and both are laugh out loud funny and good light reading.

Derek 6.30.09 & Parker 4.1.11
    Family
  • Some of my fave chick lit is by Sophie Kinsella (think shopaholic series + others) and Emily Giffin.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I also highly recommend the Janet Evanovich - Stephanie Plum series. I heard about these on another thread so I picked two up before vacation last week. I have already had to go and buy two more, because they are so great! I can't stop laughing out loud! Target has them 2 for $10 this week!
  • Agree with everyone else on Jen Lancaster & also Emily Giffin.  I just finished Girl with the Dragon Tattoo-- I couldn't put it down!  I just bought the 2nd one in the series (at Target - totally addicted). 
  • Jennifer Weiner is another, great, funny chick-lit writer.."Good in Bed", "In Her Shoes"..and others.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• K&P414K&P414 member

I love Marian Keyes too!  (Watermelon, Anybody Out There, Angels)  She's Irish I think?  Very funny and I love the way she writes.

I also just finished Eat Pray Love and thought it was GREAT!

• Thanks guys!  I've taken your recs down and hopefully can find them at the library. : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"