Stay at Home Moms
Options

Those that watch other children...

I'm guilty of lurking, but I know that there are some of you that watch other peoples children on a regular basis.  I have just agreed to watch a friend's  son two nights a week, but I want to get some kind of written agreement and lay down some ground rules to protect myself.  Do any of you have a sample you can share, or ideas of what all should be included?

TIA! 

Re: Those that watch other children...

• Options

My MIL watches a 2 year old 5 days a week.

Write down days of the week you are working and what time you start and what time is pick up. Do you provide any food or does the mom provide it all? Diapers too. My MIL also had to potty train and wean the girl off the bottle. Something to think about, you might have to help with. Discuss how to get time off if you need it or if you are sick. My MIL also refuses to watch the child when she is sick because of her immune system, so you might not want her sick child around yours. Just make sure you are completely on the same page. Are you allowed to leave with her child?

My MIL has had somewhat of a bad experience. The mother doesn't provide food so MIL has to buy it. The mother also doesn't always bring clean clothes and panties over for the girl (the mother doesn't have very good hygiene herself.) My MIL also has the hardest time getting any time off, even when she is sick. Just go through and make a list and have a sit down with the mother of her expectations.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you so much.  This mom used to be one of my best friends, but since she's divorced, she is a changed woman and I feel like I need to protect myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"