D.C. Area Babies

Reston Hospital

If you delivered at Reston Hospital, how was your experience?I just found this local babies board. Awesome!
Dec '09 IVF #1 = Epic Fail Feb '10 FET #1 = Epic Success!
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." - Henry David Thoreau
formula-feeding, co-napping, sposie-using, baby-wearing, ap-ish mamma! Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Reston Hospital

• I don't know from personal expeirence, but 2 neighbors delivered there and loved it. ( I delivered at Fair Oaks)

Welcome to the board!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Delivered both babies there....one normal delivery, the 2nd emergency c-sec. Both times I had wonderful nurses (and of course dr's). The food is decent, the have wi-fi, and all post partum rooms are private.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I delivered my first there and also will be delivering our 2nd there. I had an awesome first experience and hope for the same the 2nd time around. LOVED my nurses and the free post natal massage in your room was to DIE for.
  • image****AWS****:
    the free post natal massage in your room was to DIE for.

What is THIS?? I had no idea!

I delivered my first there and had a good experience. My 2nd was at Loudoun, but that was because I switched doctor's offices and my new practice delivered there, not because of a problem at Reston. I will say that if you want to breastfeed you may have to be very specific about that. I'm sure it depends on the nurse, but we repeatedly said that we didn't want DD to have a pacifier or formula and EVERY time she came back to us after having exams or tests she had a pacifier in her mouth. The rooms and facilities there are really nice!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loved Reston.  The staff was great and the massage was awesome!  Also, we took our birthing class there with Peggy. It is 2 half days in one weekend. The class was excellent!  My OB recommend it and even told us she can always tell the dads that have taken the class because they are so prepared in Labor and Delivery.  Either your OB will have the registration info or call over to reston. 

Kelly

• [Loved Reston.  The staff was great and the massage was awesome!  Also, we took our birthing class there with Peggy. It is 2 half days in one weekend. The class was excellent!  My OB recommend it and even told us she can always tell the dads that have taken the class because they are so prepared in Labor and Delivery.  Either your OB will have the registration info or call over to reston]

We also did the two-day weekend birthing class at Reston, I think Michelle was the nurse that did ours.  Loved her, she was funny and helpful and definately put us at ease. 

I had good l&d nurses while I was admited for my induction (and eventual c-section), my daytime nurse was kinda eh - not the most helpful - but our evening nurse was AWESOME and thats when all the action happened anyway! Smile  Free wifi was a plus, definately helped to keep me entertained. 

All of my postpartum nurses were great!  It was so nice to have a private room, not that it was very big but it was very nice that it was just us in there.  Food was pretty good, and they gave DS at least 1 free meal maybe 2.  Oh and definately ask the pp nurse to see if she can get you some orange italian ice they were super yummy! 

• While I did not deliver there (my OB goes to Sibley and G-Town) I am a little partial because my sister is a L&D nurse there:-)

It truly is a nice facility with a really good staff.

• and the new wing is really nice too. No massages on weekends and LCs are not always available. You can now BF immediately after a c-s too.
  • Just another who has nothing but positive things to say about Reston--the nurses are excellent!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loved Reston.  I had one complicated delivery and one easy delivery and they did beautifully on both.  Only ding I have is that the lactation support didn't seem so great.  Our peds have 2 LCs on staff, though, so that was no problem for me.   I was 100% happy with both experiences.
  • imageKarenbird:
    Loved Reston.  I had one complicated delivery and one easy delivery and they did beautifully on both.  Only ding I have is that the lactation support didn't seem so great.  Our peds have 2 LCs on staff, though, so that was no problem for me.   I was 100% happy with both experiences.

Ditto this, I left there feeling very frustrated with their lactation people and ended up getting help with the free drop in at loudoun hospital. LOVE the LC's at loudoun but they are also right across the street from my house so that was easy. 

STILL, loved reston and will be happy to deliver my 2nd there. 

• Thank you so much for all your reviews.  I live out in Manassas but my OB is in Reston.  I didn't want to deliver at Prince William and I had heard nothing about Reston.  I am so revlieved to hear such wonderful things about Reston.  I have registered for the L&D classes with Peggy I believe for the end of August. 
    Dec '09 IVF #1 = Epic Fail Feb '10 FET #1 = Epic Success!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." - Henry David Thoreau
    formula-feeding, co-napping, sposie-using, baby-wearing, ap-ish mamma! Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"