Multiples
Options

Moms who did IVF: Tell me about your embryos...

Hi Ladies.

I transferred 2 8 cell a  embryos via FET yesterday.  I did a single embryo transfer with our DD. I am curious to hear about your embryos? Love success stories!

Thanks!

Re: Moms who did IVF: Tell me about your embryos...

• Options
    I transferred 2 embryos and have boy/girl twins. I don't remember what "cell" they were. It was a 3 day transfer first time IVF. Good luck.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    janjagjanjag member
    we transferred two 5 day blasts.  it was a fresh cycle (#2).
    Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We transferred two 8 cell and one 6 cell embryos. We did a 3 day transfer, and all 3 implanted.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We had two 5 day blasts that were transferred in a frozen cycle.  Both took.  Good luck!!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    2nd fresh cycle, transfered one 8 cell and one 7 cell embie. Both were grade 3+ with 4 being best. Have b/g twins now :)
  • Options

We transferred 4 embryos - 2 grade one and 2 grade two. They were a 7, 6 and two 5 cells.  I honestly had no hope that any would take, but 3 did and 2 made it to the end.  We had transferred 7 embryos in other IVFs prior to that and nothing ever took.

It sounds like you have a very good chance.

GL!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2 chem preg, 4 failed IUIs, 2 canc IVFs, 2 BFN IVFs, IVF #5 = BFP!!!
    3/23 Beta #1 @ 17dpo = 913, Beta #2 @ 19dpo = 1724, Beta #3 @ 21 dpo = 3240
    First u/s 3/29 @ 5 weeks 2 days - 3 sacs 6 weeks 3 days - 3 heartbeats 8 Weeks - Lost Baby C, Babies A and B going strong
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It was our first FET cycle.  We transfered three 5 day blasts.  Two were good quality and one was poor quality.  The RE said I had a 3% chance of triplets.
    jailbirds Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

IVF#1, fresh cycle, transferred an excellent 8 cell and a very good 7 cell, and DD is now 2.

IVF#3, fresh cycle, transferred 2 perfect 8 cells, and I'm 33 weeks with twin girls!

GL!

• Options

we did a 3DT with 3 embies.  2 were graded near perfect and the third was not bad, but not perfect either (i can't remember the grades they gave them)  We froze another 3 suprisingly.  It was a fresh transfer and we have b/g twins

• Options
    We transferred 3 embryos- 8 cell, 7 cell, 6 cell. Not sure of the grades, but there was some fragmentation. Of the three- 2 took. We did a 3 day transfer.
  • Options
    For our successful cycle, we transferred 1 8 cell and 1 7 cell embryo on day 3, both A/B quality.  We know that they both took because we had the boys' zygosity test done and they are definitely fraternal. 
  • Options

i had a 3dt of (2) 8-cell grade A (perfect) embryos, and i have boy/girl twins.

GL!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    cadencaden member

I transferred 3 blasts for IVF #3. 1 was BA quality, 1 was BB, 1 was a morula. 3 implanted but the 3rd didin't make it. I have twin boys.

• Options
    We transferred two six-day blasts on our first IVF. Both took!
  • Options

We transferred two embryos (don't recall the grade) and have fraternal boys on the way.  I do recall my clinic has a very strict guideline for transferring, so they have to be great quality.

GL!

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We transferred the two highest quality embryos we had on day 5. They never told me the grades, just said they were great.
  • Options

See my siggie for embies transferred.

FWIW, all of the embies we transferred were "perfect" - for whatever reason we had to transfer 9 embies to get  2 babies.

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We transferred 2 embryos -- an 8-cell and a 9-cell -- for our first IVF. Our twin boys are now 3 1/2 months old. Good luck!
  • Options

imagejoliemari?e:
    I transferred 2 embryos and have boy/girl twins. I don't remember what "cell" they were. It was a 3 day transfer first time IVF. Good luck.

This is me exactly!

• Options
    smeyersmeyer member
    We transferred 2 blasts.  They were frozen on day 3 but transferred on day 5.  Both stuck and we're having b/g twins.

• Options

imagejoliemari?e:

This, except I don't know the genders of the babies yet!

Fiona & Julia imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 23 mos. TTC, MFI, IUI #1&2 BFN, IVF #1 = BFP!!!
  • Options
    We transferred two 5 day blasts. Can't remember the exact cell quality but one was perfect and the other was 6 hours right behind, in perfect growing condition. 1st fresh cycle worked.
  • Options

1st IVF and only had 2 embryos at the day of transfer. They didn't give me a cell count, but 1 was a grade C (average) and 1 was grade D (below average). They only gave me a 10% change of getting PG and less than 1% that it would be twins, so we put both back at a 3dt.

Ended up PG, RE was surprised but he is always pleased when that happens and the odds are against us. He was flabergasted when the 7w u/s should twins. He kept looking at my chart and the grades of both embryos to make sure he had read it right.

My case proves anything can happen no matter what the grades of the embryos are. Just keep your chin up and stay as stress free as possible during the next 2 weeks. Put your feet up and do nothing but relax.

Good luck

• Options

We did a FET with eggs from a frozen donor egg bank.  We transferred two day 5 blasts, although one was an 'early' day 5 blast, so not quite as developed as the other.  My RE doesn't give many details on embryos for some reason, but that is what he said.

Both took!!  Best thing I ever did Big Smile

• Options

Wow! I can't believe how many of you remember every last detail of your IVFs.  All I remember is that we transferred 2 and they both took. I can't remember what day the transfer was or how many cells each had. Let's hope I'm better at remembering the kids' milestones haha.

I have 13 embryos on ice and DH is adamant on using all of them. Looks like I may end up with A LOT of kids. 

Good luck with your transfer! You'll be in my thoughts.

• Options

We transferred 1 8-cell and 1 9-cell on a fresh cycle 3dt. Both stuck!

MoM to twins!! L & O born 11/29/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"