1st Trimester
Options

yeast infection

i know lovely topic, but i think i might be getting one and I will probably call tomorrow before the holiday weekend...didnt have one while I was pregnant with my daughter.  If you had one what did the dr. tell you to do?  I think on my list last time it was the 7 day cream and nothing else...but i cant remember and I didn't get a med list yet from the dr....
DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)

Re: yeast infection

• Options
    vitamin E oil is great if you are itchy or if you've itched and it's tender...it keeps the  pee off of the area too with the oils..helps with healing too...may be good after baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Over the counter yeast infection treatments are perfectly safe for pregnancy.  I'd just grab one tonight at Target and knock that sucker out.

GL

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a very minor one (starting but they still saw bacillus on the slide too) and my doctor said I could try probiotic pills first.  If that didn't work, monistat 7 is safe, just don't insert it all the way like you do when you aren't pregnant.  I took the probiotic pills, OTC at Target, and they cleared it up in 3 days.  If you have a major one, then probiotics probably won't fix it, but you could start taking them to stave off future ones.  I still take them everyday.  Miracle pills.  Hope you feel better soon.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Options
    ah yes probitotics, I forgot about that the same stuff is in yogurt too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    They gave me an over the counter 7 day cream. Hope this helps. GL.
  • Options
    I had them tons with my 2nd pregnancy and they always gave me a prescription.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"