Multiples
Options

Teething affecting naps?

My girls are 5.5-months-old and are both in the process of teething.  One tooth has already broken the gums, and we're waiting for the second tooth (on the other baby) to break through.  

It seems like lately my girls have had such a hard time napping.  We've always had difficulty with naps, did lots of sleep training, and then finally got to a good place when they would nap for 1.5 hours in the morning, 1 hours in the afternoon, and 30 min. in the evening (it was perfect!).  Lately they've been having difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep for their naps (although thanks to sleep training they're now sleeping from 8pm to 6:30am) and I'm wondering if it's teething related.  Anybody have a similar situation happen?  Did your LO's sleep end up going back to "normal" or did it change (in the amount and when it would occur) after that?

Thanks to teething and this sleep shortage, I've got two cranky babies and am just worn out... 

Thanks!!! 

Re: Teething affecting naps?

• Options

I recently posted about sleep disruptions due to teething. Ugh, I really think that is what made me DD who was "fuss-free" and "easy" to "cranky" and "peeved." About 5 days or so after her teeth came through, she resolved back into her normal self (phew...finally).

Hang in there. A friend of mine just suggested I go and get the Baby's First Feeder (mesh net on a paci that you can insert cold fruit wedges in w/o worrying they'll bite off a chunk of fruit and choke)--they are amazing and DD loved it all day today! It made her crankiness almost non-existent. I got mine at BRU.

FWIW, I went to the pedi Monday to rule out an ear infection (that's how cranky my one DD was due to teething) and he said her ears were fine; it was all related to teething--tylenol every 4-6 hours (esp. before a nap or bed time) has helped.

GL and hope your babies are doing better!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

P.S-- I always have to ask...

where abouts in Sunny So. Cal are you? I did an internship (2 years in a row) in PB --Pacific Beach, CA (San Diego)--I absolutely loved it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice!   I'm in Orange County now, but lived in San Diego a few years ago - both of which are just gorgeous :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"